- Seamless web browser for previewing the content of your HTML document or Java applet without leaving the editor. Browser window also has common browser commands so you can browse Internet web sites as well as local HTML files.
- FTP commands for uploading your local files to FTP server or for editing remote files directly.
- Highlights URL and e-mail addresses in normal text files and lets you activate them with a single keystroke (F8) or 'Ctrl + double-click'.
The Hex Viewer allows you to display current file in Hex mode. You can switch back and forth between normal editing window and the Hex Viewer with one command.
EditPlus supports fast and convenient code folding feature based on line indentation. You can hide or disply lines of code with its indent levels.
The HTML Toolbar allows you to insert common HTML tags quickly and easily. It also supports useful tools such as HTML Color Picker, Character Picker, Table Generator and Object Picker.
The Document Selector offers quick mouse access to all document windows currently loaded. Much faster than selecting on Window menu or pressing Ctrl+Tab key multiple times.
EditPlus supports user-defined tools, help files and keystroke recording files. The output of tool execution can be captured in the Output Window, so that you can double-click the error line to automatically load the file and locate the cursor to that line.
Auto completion is a time-saving feature which changes a short abbreviation into a complete string. It supports Perl and C/C++ by default. Also, you can create your own auto completion file to support other programming languages.
The cliptext window is collection of text clips for quick and easy access. You can easily customize them, and you can also create your own cliptext file.
Document template offers a quick start when you create a new document.
Line number, ruler, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Adds 'Modifying a tag automatically updates the matching tag' option ('Preferences'->'General').
- Improves speed for large column selection.
- Adds 'Notify end of file' option in the Find dialog box.
- Adds 'Edit'->'Others'->'Reverse Lines' menu command.
- Fixes an issue where some FTPS servers could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where FTPS could fail to download file and show empty content.
- Fixes an issue where 'View in Browser' command on remote file could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where 'Shell Open' a folder could unintentionally run exe of the same name.
- Fixes an issue where creating a new remote file from directory window could produce error message.
- Fixes an issue where Open Remote dialog box loses focus after transferring a file.
- Fixes an issue where Save As Remote dialog box could have wrong initial value for Encoding option.
- Fixes an issue where 'Hex Viewer' command on remote files could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where 'Capture Output' option didn't work with 64-bit console apps.
- Fixes an issue where function list could have wrong selection if document view was split.
- Fixes an issue where User Toolbar position could be restored incorrectly between sessions.
- Fixes an issue where Find box in the function list couldn't handle ctrl+backspace and ctrl+delete.
- Fixes an issue where Directory Window couldn't handle FTP Group 11 and above.
- Fixes an issue where undoing forward delete could result in wrong cursor position.
- Fixes an issue where 'Use regex' option in the 'Advanced' file extensions dialog box didn't work.
Software similar to EditPlus Text Editor 5
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
Evernote is a free note-taking application for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, WP, and BB with cross platform support.
A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.