- Seamless web browser for previewing the content of your HTML document or Java applet without leaving the editor. Browser window also has common browser commands so you can browse Internet web sites as well as local HTML files.
- FTP commands for uploading your local files to FTP server or for editing remote files directly.
- Highlights URL and e-mail addresses in normal text files and lets you activate them with a single keystroke (F8) or 'Ctrl + double-click'.
The Hex Viewer allows you to display current file in Hex mode. You can switch back and forth between normal editing window and the Hex Viewer with one command.
EditPlus supports fast and convenient code folding feature based on line indentation. You can hide or disply lines of code with its indent levels.
The HTML Toolbar allows you to insert common HTML tags quickly and easily. It also supports useful tools such as HTML Color Picker, Character Picker, Table Generator and Object Picker.
The Document Selector offers quick mouse access to all document windows currently loaded. Much faster than selecting on Window menu or pressing Ctrl+Tab key multiple times.
EditPlus supports user-defined tools, help files and keystroke recording files. The output of tool execution can be captured in the Output Window, so that you can double-click the error line to automatically load the file and locate the cursor to that line.
Auto completion is a time-saving feature which changes a short abbreviation into a complete string. It supports Perl and C/C++ by default. Also, you can create your own auto completion file to support other programming languages.
The cliptext window is collection of text clips for quick and easy access. You can easily customize them, and you can also create your own cliptext file.
Document template offers a quick start when you create a new document.
Line number, ruler, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Allows using Git command-line tools instead of TortoiseGit.
- Adds Git submenu to directory window popup menu.
- sftp adds support for 'diffie-hellman-group14-sha256' key exchange algorithm.
- Experimental supports for Edge as an integrated browser (Reguires WebView2 Runtime).
- Document windows now adjust sizes when main window size changes.
- 'Pre-run' option for user tools ('Preferences'->'User tools').
- Find/Replace dialog box adds 'Occurrences' button to show the number of occurrences.
- Adds 'JSON Unescape' menu command ('Edit'->'Utilities').
- 'URL Encode' command now support both selective and entire encodings.
- 'FTP Upload' command now supports uploading remote files too.
- Supports uploading a directory from the Directory Window.
- Adds 'To end of file' for 'Replace all range' option.
- Adds 'Capture output (new document)' action for user tools.
- Supports 'Command Prompt' menu command on the Directory Window.
- 'Paste with Filter' menu command for converting clipboard text with regular expression ('Edit'->'Clipboard').
- Find in Files dialog box allows environment variables in Folders input box.
- Supports a separate toolbar state for maximized app window.
- Adds a toolbar button for 'Copy Full Path' command.
- Adds 'Enable Text Service Framework' option ('Preferences'->'General')
- Shows clipboard error on StatusBar rather than popup message box.
- Updates php.stx file.
- Fixes slowdown of sftp transfer speed in recent versions.
- Fixes an sftp issue that could produce 'Invalid Packet Size' error with some servers.
- Fixes an issue where sftp download could cause program crash in some cases.
- Fixes an issue where FTP feature couldn't handle IPv6 addresses.
- Fixes an issue where 'Paste as Column' command didn't work as expected.
- Fixes occasional 'Cannot open clipboard' error when playing back keystroke recording.
- Fixes an issue where 'Send PWD after each interval' option could block keyboard input for a few seconds.
- Fixes an issue where 'Subdirectory' option in the FTP Settings didn't work correctly in the directory window.
- Fixes an issue where FTP feature could not correctly parse some Windows servers.
- Fixes an issue where FTP feature could show an error message when closing EditPlus window.
- Fixes an issue where 'Insert spaces instead of tab' option didn't work correctly with variable-width fonts.
- Fixes an issue where drag and drop selected text could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where file type detection based on first line of file didn't work with remote files.
- Fixes an issue where 'View in Browser' on php files could display blank screen in some occasions.
- Fixes an issue where Open Filter didn't work correctly with binary files.
- Fixes an issue where $(CurSel) argument macro could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where $(FileDir) argument macro could cause user tool fail to launch.
- Fixes an issue where Find in Files with 'In a New Document' option could cause program crash.
- Fixes an issue where 'Insert matching tag automatically' option could incorrectly delete closing bracket.
- Fixes an issue where 'Ansi to HTML Entity' didn't work correctly in some occasions.
- Fixes an issue where 'Character Count' command could show wrong results in Unix files.
- Fixes an issue where word wrap didn't work properly with 'Wrap after format column number' option turned on.
- Fixes an issue where floating side bar sizes and positions were not restored correctly.
- Fixes an issue where floating Output Window could lose its position and size between sessions.
- Fixes an issue that could make side panels disappear when restoring from minimized state.
- Fixes an issue that could make toolbar buttons invisible in vertically docked toolbars.
- Fixes an issue where 'Remove' button on the Upload dialog box didn't work correctly.
- Fixes an issue where the regex dropdown menu on the Replace dialog box was outdated.
- Adjusts toolbar paddings on high DPI displays.
Software similar to EditPlus Text Editor 5
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
Evernote is a free note-taking application for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, WP, and BB with cross platform support.
A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.
More similar downloads