- Seamless web browser for previewing the content of your HTML document or Java applet without leaving the editor. Browser window also has common browser commands so you can browse Internet web sites as well as local HTML files.
- FTP commands for uploading your local files to FTP server or for editing remote files directly.
- Highlights URL and e-mail addresses in normal text files and lets you activate them with a single keystroke (F8) or 'Ctrl + double-click'.
The Hex Viewer allows you to display current file in Hex mode. You can switch back and forth between normal editing window and the Hex Viewer with one command.
EditPlus supports fast and convenient code folding feature based on line indentation. You can hide or disply lines of code with its indent levels.
The HTML Toolbar allows you to insert common HTML tags quickly and easily. It also supports useful tools such as HTML Color Picker, Character Picker, Table Generator and Object Picker.
The Document Selector offers quick mouse access to all document windows currently loaded. Much faster than selecting on Window menu or pressing Ctrl+Tab key multiple times.
EditPlus supports user-defined tools, help files and keystroke recording files. The output of tool execution can be captured in the Output Window, so that you can double-click the error line to automatically load the file and locate the cursor to that line.
Auto completion is a time-saving feature which changes a short abbreviation into a complete string. It supports Perl and C/C++ by default. Also, you can create your own auto completion file to support other programming languages.
The cliptext window is collection of text clips for quick and easy access. You can easily customize them, and you can also create your own cliptext file.
Document template offers a quick start when you create a new document.
Line number, ruler, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down key makes column selection for multiple input points.
- Alt+Mouse click makes multiple input points.
- Consecutive 'Select Word' command adds next occurrence to the selection.
- Allows column selection in word wrap mode.
- Improves right-to-left language support.
- Improves speed of brace highlighting.
- Allows multiple hotspots in cliptext.
- Find in Files preserves 'case sensitive' and 'whole word only' options between sessions.
- 'Delete Blank Lines' command includes lines with tabs and spaces only.
- Updates HTML toolbar for HTML 5 elements.
- Function list supports 'Retain Filter Text' menu option.
- Ctrl+Shift+F shortcut key for Find in Files.
- Record Keystrokes command now supports recording file open command.
- When uploading a file to ftp server fails, it now displays a message box for retry.
- Pasting text over multiple input points now retains current multiple input points.
- Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right key for extending column selection.
- 'Tile Horizontally/Vertically' button on the Window List now automatically closes the dialog box.
- Fixes an issue where keyboard-interactive sftp authentication didn't work correctly.
- Fixes an issue where remote files could be saved to wrong directory.
- Fixes an issue where 'Duplicate Sel' could cause memory leak.
- Fixes an issue where 'Editor Font 6' option didn't work correctly in Korean Windows.
- Fixes an issue where Home key on wrapped line could place cursor in the previous line.
- Fixes an issue where toolbar could be moved to wrong position if the program window is minimized.
- Fixes an issue where syntax highlighting could be incorrect when editing stx/acp files.
Apps similar to EditPlus Text Editor 5
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
Evernote is a free note-taking application for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, WP, and BB with cross platform support.
A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.