Private and Secure
File transfers are encrypted. Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud and your data is protected by private keys.
Bigger is Better
BitTorrent Sync is specifically designed to handle large files, so feel free to sync original, high quality, uncompressed files.
- Install BitTorrent Sync on the devices you want to sync.
- Choose a folder that you want to synchronize and generate a secret for that folder on one of the devices. The secret is random and unique, and functions like a key that connects multiple devices into one sync network.
- On the other devices, choose a folder to sync and enter the same secret.
- Leave BitTorrent Sync running on all devices you want to keep in sync.
- Manage your sync folders at any time via the application interface on Windows and Mac, or via the WebUI and config file on Linux.
- New simplified UI
- UI was fully revised and now looks similar on all platforms. Also, UI was simplified significantly to make Sync use faster, convenient, and easy to use.
- HTTPS links support
- HTTPS links are generated by Sync and shared with a remote peer to exchange Keys securely, using X.509 certificates
- Proxy server support added
- Direct connection between peers is possible as long as one of the two peers is not behind a proxy
- Finder / Explorer integration added
- Right-clicking on the folder in Explorer / Finder exposes "Share with BitTorrent Sync" item, which ads the folder to Sync and automatically generates a Key (Secret).
- Moved folder support
- Sync tracks if synced folders move and automatically adjusts paths to keep the folder synced.
- Sync performance optimization
- Improves data transfer speed, CPU consumption, peer discovery.
- Numerous bug fixes reported by users in 1.3
Apps similar to BitTorrent Sync 3
Dropbox allows you to sync and backup your files on the cloud and across your computers automatically.
Google Drive. Keep everything. Share anything.
ownCloud is perfect for use inside your company. Your data on your servers, under your control.