Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
You'll need .NET 4 (only the client profile is needed). If you don't have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it. If you're on Windows 8 you shouldn't need to install anything; it has .NET 4 pre-installed.
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
- Applied fix from HandBrake for static preview crashes.
- Prevented starting disc scans or drag and drop scans while another source is scanning. This resolves crashes caused by simultaneous scans.
- Fixed hang on canceling a scan.
- Fixed more issues with anamorphic, padding and rotation.
- Fixed possible crash when preview window is open and padding is enabled.
- Fixed issue with preview window not updating properly when switching encoding presets.
- Updated translations.
Software similar to VidCoder 3
HandBrake is a GPL'd multi-platform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter.
FreeRIP is a Windows application that can convert your audio CDs to a number of audio file formats.
4Free DVD Ripper is a powerful DVD ripping software application to rip and convert DVD movies to almost all video and audio formats (rip DVD to AVI, DVD to MP4, DVD to MPEG, DVD to WMV, DVD to DivX; convert DVD to MP3, DVD to WMA) with high DVD ripping speed and exceptional quality.