Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
You'll need .NET 4 (only the client profile is needed). If you don't have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it. If you're on Windows 8 you shouldn't need to install anything; it has .NET 4 pre-installed.
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
- Fixed video settings getting stuck in less-capable "Advanced" mode on non-x264 encoders. If stuck in this mode you can change your video encoder to something else then change it back to fix it.
- Overhauled presets
- Added 60 new built-in presets
- Presets can now be organized in a tree structure
- Built-in presets are read from the HandBrake core so will be updated more often
- Updated HandBrake encoding core to 1.1.0. This gives us shiny new features:
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added new Unsharp and kernel-based Laplacian LapSharp sharpening filters
- Added support for mobile device orientation via auto-rotation container flag
- Added x265 10 and 12-bit encoders
- Moved container options to their own tab on the Encoding Settings window.
- Added A/V sync option to Container tab.
- Post-encode actions now support more replacement tokens, thanks to milanjaros.
- Added mousewheel and keyboard support for changing the static preview.
- Changed QSV decoding option to be available for all encoders.
- When browsing for a new output location, the file name is now populated with the current suggested file name.
- Many bug fixes
Apps similar to VidCoder 2
HandBrake is a GPL'd multi-platform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter.
4Free DVD Ripper is a powerful DVD ripping software application to rip and convert DVD movies to almost all video and audio formats (rip DVD to AVI, DVD to MP4, DVD to MPEG, DVD to WMV, DVD to DivX; convert DVD to MP3, DVD to WMA) with high DVD ripping speed and exceptional quality.