Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world's best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
You'll need .NET 4 (only the client profile is needed). If you don't have it, VidCoder will prompt you to download and install it. If you're on Windows 8 you shouldn't need to install anything; it has .NET 4 pre-installed.
You do not need to install HandBrake for VidCoder to work.
- Fixed crash that could happen while parsing corrupt window placement data.
- Fixed issue that could freeze VidCoder while switching pickers with associated presets.
- Fixed issue with audio/subtitle summary being incorrect after opening a completed item.
- Fixed Queue Multiple Titles not respecting the "output to source directory if possible" config setting.
- Additional check for 0 length titles
- Added logging and fallback behavior for issues with initial directory when opening a file.
- Updated translations.
Apps similar to VidCoder 3
HandBrake is a GPL'd multi-platform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter.
FreeRIP is a Windows application that can convert your audio CDs to a number of audio file formats.
4Free DVD Ripper is a powerful DVD ripping software application to rip and convert DVD movies to almost all video and audio formats (rip DVD to AVI, DVD to MP4, DVD to MPEG, DVD to WMV, DVD to DivX; convert DVD to MP3, DVD to WMA) with high DVD ripping speed and exceptional quality.