Angry IP Scanner can scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports. It is cross-platform and lightweight. Not requiring any installations, it can be freely copied and used anywhere.
Angry IP scanner simply pings each IP address to check if it’s alive, then optionally it is resolving its hostname, determines the MAC address, scans ports, etc. The amount of gathered data about each host can be extended with plugins.
It also has additional features, like NetBIOS information (computer name, workgroup name, and currently logged in Windows user), favorite IP address ranges, web server detection, customizable openers, etc.
Scanning results can be saved to CSV, TXT, XML or IP-Port list files. With help of plugins, Angry IP Scanner can gather any information about scanned IPs. Anybody who can write Java code is able to write plugins and extend functionality of Angry IP Scanner.
In order to increase scanning speed, it uses multithreaded approach: a separate scanning thread is created for each scanned IP address.
- Allow changing of MAC address separator (many tools use "-" instead of ":") #261
- Cleanup some GUI resource leaks
- Fix "ghost hosts" on macOS if using TCPPinger #269
- Comments for hosts on LAN (tied to MAC address) will now display even if MAC fetcher is not selected, or is after the Comments fetcher #124
- Preference added to opt-out of checking for new versions #270
- Calculate IPv6 range scanning percent correctly #267
- Mac vendors updated
Software similar to Angry IP Scanner 6
SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features.
Lansweeper helps you with your Network Inventory and Asset Management and pro-actively alerts you of non-compliance issues before they become a problem.
Network protocol analyzer.