It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network, including system and hidden ones.
In addition, it can mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list, and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port, and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect the local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- Mounts and explores network resources.
- Launches external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT.
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves any system information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- Absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
- Improved: list headings appearance on macOS.
- Fixed: speed degradation in text search.
- Fixed: configuration file import from version 6.x.
- Fixed: settings getting lost after minimisation to the notification area.
- Added: SNMPv3 support in router MAC address discovery.
- Added: option to include/exclude ports in Nmap scans.
- Added: new menu for creating instant filters from scan results.
- Added: active filter applied during scanning.
- Fixed: vanishing shares when saving and excluding unrelated columns.