It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network, including system and hidden ones.
In addition, it can mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list, and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port, and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect the local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- Mounts and explores network resources.
- Launches external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT.
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves any system information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- Absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
- Added: frozen columns support under the View main menu item.
- Added: XPath Query Builder for Remote XML and Nmap Integration features.
- Improved: virtual columns can now be used as keys for mapping friendly names.
- Improved: live notifications expanded to four types (online, offline, new MAC, changed IP).
- Improved: retention of column metadata and width when changing multi-column items.
- Improved: output of scripted columns made available to the scripts themselves.
- Improved: MAC address resolution via SNMP: added SNMPv2c and IPv6 address support.
- Improved: column limit of each type increased from 10 to 50, the /maxcols switch abolished.
- Improved: rescanning limited to the target column when rescanning a column in multi-column group.
- Added: configurable background colour and text colour in column headers.
- Added: custom sender e-mail in e-mail settings.
- Added: drag-n-drop of computers from Windows Explorer's Network to Network Scanner's main view.