Reinforced by your feedback, the completely rewritten ForkLift 3 combines the latest macOS technologies with the most stunning UI work we’ve ever done for an application, to redefine file management once again.
Connect to SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Rackspace CloudFiles, SMB, AFP, and NFSremote volumes and easily manage your files quickly across networks. You can connect to multiple serversat a time and even copy between them with drag and drop.
Sits on your menu bar and lets you mount a saved remote connection as disk, upload files to a remote server from Finder by drag and drop, or run a saved Synclet even if ForkLift is not running.
Compare local or remote source and target folders identifying matching, modified, new and deleted files. Synchronize them one or two-way with a single mouseclick, or save it as a favorite. If you are a web developer, you'll love this feature.
The preview panel shows you useful information about the selected file. It lets you inspect images, PDFs, and other popular document types. You can do quick edits on a text file in place, both on local drives and remote servers.
Easily access your favorites, devices, menu commands, open a selected file with a desired application, or apply a previously saved Multi Rename preset on selected files or folders.
Use the Multi Rename tool when you need to rename a large number of files on your local drives or remote servers. Change case, replace text using regular expressions, add dates or sequences, and combine them in a saved preset.
- The most effective way of file management. Split panes horizonally or vertically, or use a single pane.
- Keep all your favorites, synclets, and rename presets synchronized across multiple computers via Dropbox.
- Copying Dropbox links to files located in your Dropbox directory is just a right-click away.
- Reorder transfers, set conflict management rules, error handling, limit download and upload bandwidth.
- Organize your documents and files with tags: add, edit, remove, search, or filter them within ForkLift.
- Mount remote servers and make them appear on your desktop as simple local drives.
- Given two identical folder structures. Browse in one pane and let ForkLift do the job for you in the other pane.
- You can have different folders opened in the same pane, instead of having separate windows open at once.
- Search and filter by name, extention, kind, tags, or content to quickly find files, even on remote servers.
- Select files by typing a filename, an extension, or a tag, and add them or exclude them from the selection.
- ForkLift comes with an application deleter to remove the last morsels of an application you want to uninstall.
- Set your preferred editor in ForkLift to edit remote files, and we take care of uploading your changes as you save.
- Browse local and remote archives as if they were ordinary folders. You can even Quick Look, search and filter.
- Control every operation straight from the keyboard, including selecting files by pressing the spacebar.
- ForkLift speaks English, German, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian. More languages are coming.
- Save different layouts with opened tabs and locations, and load what you need at the moment.
- FXP Copy lets you transfer data directly between FXP-enabled servers without passing through your Mac.
- Extend ForkLift's capabilities to the max by invoking command line tools and apply them by using shortcuts.
- ForkLift knows git and will show you the status of individual files. You can add, commit, push, and pull.
Open in Terminal
- An absolute must for powerusers. Open a Terminal, iTerm, or Hyper window at your current local path.
- Make hidden files and folders visible easily by using a shortcut or pressing a button in the toolbar.
- Share gives you an easy way to share all kinds of documents and other files instantly.
Default File Viewer
- Set ForkLift as the default file viewer, and almost every app will point to ForkLift instead of Finder.
- Compare two text or images files with Xcode's FileMerge, Kaleiodoscope, Beyond Compare, or Araxis Merge.
- Supports Kitty as default terminal application
- Improves App Deleter’s search algorithm
- Fixes a crash when dragging files from a remote server to sidebar
- Fixes a possible crash when closing the window during rename
- Fixes an issue with moving items within a remote server
- Fixes an issue when drag and dropping a file from a remote server to Finder resulted in creating textClipping on High Sierra and earlier
- Fixes an issue with renaming enclosing folders on Amazon S3
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements
Apps similar to ForkLift 3
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows with a lot of features.
With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage and Rackspace Cloud Files.
Excellent FTP program that allows you to upload, download, and delete files over the internet.