We made PicoTorrent to go back to the basics of what is needed from a BitTorrent client. No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop.
PicoTorrent is a tiny BitTorrent client for Windows. It is written in C++ using Rasterbar-libtorrent and the raw Win32 API.
Simple, native user interface
PicoTorrent is built directly on the Windows APIs which means that it is native looking on all Windows versions. We designed it to be as simple as possible to use, and all torrent controls are hidden in context menus.
- Strong encryption with support for tunneling via I2P, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP(S)
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6
- Multi-lingual user interface
- Free, open source, with a great community
Let's start the new year with a freshly baked PicoTorrent release! It contains fixes for a bunch of reported issues. I've also replaced Breakpad with Crashpad for better error reporting. There's a new toggle in the General preferences to allow automatic crash reporting - turning this on makes it much easier for us to track crashes.
- The file list view has been fixed so it doesn't collapse when refreshing files, and it doesn't show -99 as progress for folders. #742
- Use IP addresses for listen interface. #743
- Close PicoTorrent when performing installer actions. #744
- Replace Breakpad with Crashpad for better crash reporting. #745
- Allow multi-selection in the torrent list view. #749
- Rasterbar-libtorrent has been updated, Geo IP lookups have been fixed, clearing column values when a torrent is paused. #750
- Store state for torrents added via magnet URI which haven't found any metadata. #787
- French updated. #753
- Russian updated. #789
Previous release notes:
- GeoIP lookup now available in the peers view.
- Warn when disk space is too low.
- Adding magnet links now work much better - it will now search in the background and update the add torrent dialog when it finds the torrents (if you still have it open).