EtreCheck will help you:
- Find serious problems on your Mac,
- Remove annoying adware,
- Get help on Apple Support Communities,
- See just what your Mac is doing on the inside.
- EtreCheck does not install files in hidden directories,
- EtreCheck reports protect your personal information when posted online,
- EtreCheck makes no changes without your consent.
- EtreCheck will not slow down your machine,
- EtreCheck will not cause other apps to crash,
- EtreCheck uses little memory while running and no memory when not running.
What does EtreCheck report?
- Exact Macintosh model.
- Installed RAM size and speed.
- RAM upgrade instructions from Apple (if applicable to your machine)
- Link to Apple technical specifications for your machine.
- Link to Apple user guide for your machine.
- Link to Apple service and warranty information for your machine.
- Installed hard disk model, manufacturer, size, type, and free space.
- Video graphics card and attached displays.
- Attached USB, Firewire, and Thunderbolt peripherals and external hard drives.
- 3rd party kernel extensions.
- Hidden software that is always running in the background.
- Information about your Time Machine backup.
- Any unusual system modifications.
- Tasks sorted by CPU usage.
- Tasks sorted by RAM usage.
- Free and used RAM.
- Kernel panic reports, crash reports, and other diagnostics.
What problems can EtreCheck find?
- Failing hard disk drive.
- Insufficient RAM.
- Failed background tasks.
- Potential security risks.
- Lack of Time Machine backup.
- Runaway processes.
- Obsolete software.
What about adware?
- EtreCheck detects common adware.
- EtreCheck identifies unknown files that could be new adware.
- EtreCheck allows you to delete adware or unknown file.
- Legitimate software is protected from accidental deletion.
- Improved section headers;
- Warns when backups are older than 10 days;
- Improved adware definitions;
- Other bug fixes and improvements.