Secure cloud syncing lets you access your sensitive information from anywhere on any device.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords everywhere hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Is Bitwarden trustworthy?
Bitwarden is safe and open-source. It uses 256-bit AES encryption to lock your vault and a master password is required to decrypt the data. Bitwarden encrypts your data on your local device before sending it to its cloud servers for storing. Bitwarden servers store only the encrypted data.
Is Bitwarden free?
Bitwarden offers a free account with unlimited storage of logins, access to your vault on any device (PC or mobile), a secure password generator, and a few other features. There's the option to upgrade to a premium account ($10 annually), which adds advanced 2FA options, the Bitwarden Authenticator (TOTP), encrypted file attachments and emergency access.
What are the best Bitwarden features?
Bitwarden is a solid free password manager for several reasons:
- It is open-source
- Its core features are free
- Uses 256-bit AES encryption
- You can use it in unlimited devices with syncing
- Store notes, credit cards, identities
- Free sharing for 2 users
- Email alias integration
Lock your passwords and private information with end-to-end AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Secure and share sensitive data within your Bitwarden Vault from any browser, mobile device, or desktop application.
Align to the highest security standards with a global community of password security experts and Bitwarden users.
How do you stay safe?
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every online account that you create. But how are you supposed to remember and keep up with that many passwords? Bitwarden helps you create and manage secure passwords so that you can get back to enjoying your life online.
Sync all of Your Devices
A password manager is useless if you can't easily access it. Our secure cloud syncing features allow you to access your data from anywhere, on any device! Your vault is conveniently optimized for use on desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone devices.
Since all of your data is fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to it. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with end-to-end AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
- Organization vault updates: As part of an ongoing effort to improve the web vault UI, some organization administration functions have been moved, for example into dedicated Billing and Reporting tabs.
- Login flow updates: To accommodate new log in options, the log in process has been separated into two screens.
- SCIM updates: SCIM-triggered events will now log from SCIM instead of Unknown, and the SCIM API key will now be obfuscated by default.
- Generate username & password from iOS app extension: "On-the-fly" generation of usernames and passwords can now be done from the iOS app extension, accessible from the Share menu while using apps like browsers.
- New theme for mobile: The popular Solarized Dark theme has been brought to mobile.
- Directory Connector - Group filter queries for Google Workspace: Query parameters can be used in group filters for Google Workspace (see here).
- Performance Optimization: We've improved web vault load times and experience for accounts with access to thousands of vault items.
Bitwarden is featured in...
Software similar to Bitwarden 7
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
Create strong, unique passwords. Remember them and restore them, all directly in your web browser.
- Free to Try
Instant logins. Instant checkouts. Instant gratification.
More similar downloads