Have you ever forgotten a password? We all have. Now you don't have to worry about that anymore.
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know.
Locked up tight
Your logins and private documents are securely stored in your password vault. This keeps your information locked away from thieves, hackers, and other unsavory types.
At the tip of your fingers
1Password can record your usernames and passwords when you sign in to apps and websites. Our automatic form filler allows you to sign in to your online accounts with a single click, look, or touch.
Keep your secrets safe
Your privacy is our top priority. A combination of policy, innovative thinking, and a deep respect for your right to privacy ensure that your data is always kept safe and secure.
Use 1Password, anywhere
Available for all devices, browsers, and operating systems. 1Password syncs your data seamlessly between devices so you always have your passwords with you.
Check for breaches
Watchtower keeps track of password breaches and other security problems so you can keep your accounts safe. It checks for weak, compromised, or duplicated passwords and lets you know which sites are missing two-factor authentication or using unsecured HTTP.
- Windows version updated to 8.9.8
- macOS version updated to 8.9.8
- Android version updated to 7.9.4
Previous release notes
I'm so excited to share 1Password 8 for Windows with you today. We went back to the drawing board and recreated every bit and every pixel to bring you the most modern, productive, and secure version of 1Password yet!
Before jumping in, if Dark Mode is your jam, hop on over to our 1Password 8 for Windows: Dark Mode Edition announcement post to see every screenshot in glorious dark mode. That's right, 1Password 8 fully supports dark mode! 😎
- We set out to create a modern, first-class experience that feels right at home on Windows 11. To make this possible we created an entirely new 1Password design language, code-named Knox.
- Let's open things up to see the beautiful design in its full glory. 😍
- Despite its simplicity, 1Password 8 is packed with features to help you organize your digital life. Create vaults directly from the sidebar, find recently deleted items, and focus in on the vaults and items you need with Collections.
- The new design carries throughout every aspect of the app and flows into the browser experience as well.
- With 1Password 8, you can enjoy a fluid, consistent experience no matter where you go or which theme (dark mode or light mode) you enjoy.
- One of the places where the power of our new design language really shines is search. Press Ctrl + Shift + Space from anywhere on your PC to bring up Quick Access.
- With Quick Access you can find any item you need, without leaving the app you're working in. It supports all the advanced search options and is fully optimized for keyboard warriors.
- Quick Access is smart, too. It detects open apps and remembers items you use most frequently so you always get the most relevant suggestions. You'll be more productive than ever when logging into your Steam games. 😉
- Finding your items has never been quicker, and now creating them has never been easier. It all starts with a smart catalogue of suggested items to choose from, making it a snap to create what you need.
- The catalogue will help you find what you're looking for and pre-fill details like the website address and title, so your newly created item is ready to autofill in your browser.
- Speaking of which, the new 1Password experience in your browser takes productivity to the next level. 🚀
- The new browser experience integrates seamlessly with the desktop app, using a secure connection to ensure a consistent lock state. It also brings support for passwordless to the browser with Windows Hello.
- And perhaps the biggest productivity booster of all: 1Password 8 is incredibly fast. 🏎️
- It's hard to be productive when waiting for things to load, so we tuned 1Password 8 to be super efficient using our Rust-powered core. Everything is instant so you're never waiting on a spinner.
Security & Privacy
- 1Password 8 comes with the security and privacy guarantees you've come to expect from 1Password and provides new tools to keep you safe online.
- The new Watchtower Dashboard makes it super simple to get a pulse on your security and see where you need to improve.
- Using on-device analysis to calculate password strength and detection of vulnerable passwords, Watchtower gives you actionable advice while preserving your privacy and security.
- Securely sharing items with others in your 1Password Families and 1Password Business accounts is super easy, too. With shared vaults, items magically appear for everyone you grant access to and everything shared in this way will prominently show who has access.
- Windows Hello is integrated directly into the lock screen to provide a passwordless unlock experience. And those with a TPM 2.0-enabled PC are in for a treat later this year when our enhanced support for Windows Hello will allow unlocking 1Password, even after app restarts and system reboots (join our beta family to be the first to enjoy this once available). 🥳
- Last but not least, 1Password 8 stands upon the most secure security design we've ever had. And all the critical bits are done in Rust, a systems programming language renowned for its security and safety.
And so much more
- 1Password 8 is a massive release and there's dozens of new features and improvements that won't fit here, such as:
- Style your notes with Markdown
- Create new vaults directly within the app
- Restore recently deleted items and previous versions
- Navigate easily throughout the app with Quick Find
- Share items with anyone using a simple link
- ...and so much more!
I originally wrote about these at length but had to trim them during the editing process. I really enjoyed what I wrote so I collected them into a gorgeous screenshot gallery at the end of the official announcement post.
Recent 1Password news
1Password is featured in...
Software similar to 1Password 20
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
Save unlimited passwords for your favorite accounts and apps. Log in to them effortlessly on any device.
RoboForm is a free password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence.
More similar downloads