Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We implemented the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and wrote a set of 3rd party clients.
You can stream your collection of PC games from your GameStream-compatible PC to any supported device and play them remotely. Moonlight is perfect for gaming on the go without sacrificing the graphics and game selection available on PC.
Stream at up to 4K resolution
If you can see it on your PC, you can stream it using Moonlight, including your full Windows desktop at 4K 120 FPS with a capable client.
Support for 120 FPS streaming
Stream at up to 120 FPS using the new Moonlight PC client with the option to disable V-Sync for the lowest possible latency.
Run your own cloud gaming server
You can host your own gaming server on many residential ISPs by just installing the Moonlight Internet Hosting Tool on your gaming PC.
Multiple client platforms
If you have an Android device, iOS device, Apple TV, PC or Mac, Chromebook, PS Vita, or even a Raspberry Pi, you can use Moonlight to stream games to it.
The code for our Moonlight clients is hosted on GitHub under the GPLv3 license. We welcome contributions and would be happy to help with ports to new platforms.
Moonlight is a project run by the community, not a company. We have no interest in pushing ads, bundled services, paid versions with extra features, or subscriptions.
- Fixed hosts incorrectly appearing as offline in certain network configurations on Windows
- Fixed crash when a gamepad is unplugged on macOS Catalina
- Fixed compatibility with Steam Link firmware build 750 and later
- Location Services on macOS may cause periodic lag and stuttering on Wi-Fi due to background network scans. To avoid the issue, disable Location Services on your Mac by going to "System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Location Services"
- A jagged gray overlay may appear in the top right corner of the screen when streaming on Steam Link hardware. If this happens, disconnecting and reconnecting the stream will usually fix it. See #254 for details.
Software similar to Moonlight 3
The easiest way to optimize your games and keep your Nvidia drivers up to date.
The Steam Link app brings desktop gaming to your Android device. Just pair a Bluetooth controller or Steam Controller to your device, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games.
Crystal clear 60 FPS interactive streaming fine tuned for gaming and perfect for everything else. Game, work, and play together from anywhere.