Equalizer APO is a parametric / graphic equalizer for Windows. It is implemented as an Audio Processing Object (APO) for the system effect infrastructure introduced with Windows Vista.
- Virtually unlimited number of filters
- Works on any number of channels
- Very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- Low CPU usage
- Modular graphical user interface
- VST plugin support
- Integrates into Voicemeeter
- Fixed: Bluetooth devices on Windows 11 often did not work when multiple devices were combined (headphones and hands-free). In this case, installation as SFX/MFX is now used by default as EFX does not work.
- Fixed: Reimplemented Voicemeeter integration (based on official examples) to fix stuttering issues.
- Improved: On Windows 8.1 and newer, installation as SFX/EFX is now the default. This should remove the need to use the troubleshooting options for most users.
- Improved: Updated to Visual Studio 2019 and Qt 5.15.2. Running Equalizer APO requires Universal CRT now, which means that Windows versions before 10 may need additional Windows updates or the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 - 2019 needs to be installed (installer provides assistance).
- Windows Vista or later (currently only Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11 have been tested)
- The application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure (APIs like ASIO or WASAPI exclusive mode can not be used)