It is compatible with AIM and ICQ (Oscar protocol), MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, IRC, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, SILC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Lotus Sametime, and Zephyr networks. Gaim users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple IM networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, talking to a friend on Yahoo Messenger, and sitting in an IRC channel all at the same time.
Pidgin supports many features of the various networks, such as file transfer, away messages, and typing notification. It also goes beyond that and provides many unique features. A few popular features are Buddy Pounces, which give the ability to notify you, send a message, play a sound, or run a program when a specific buddy goes away, signs online, or returns from idle; and plugins, consisting of text replacement, a buddy ticker, extended message notification, iconify on away, spell checking, tabbed conversations, and more. Pidgin runs on a number of platforms, including Windows, Linux, and Qtopia (Sharp Zaurus and iPaq).
- macOS version updated to 2.14.4
- Unified string comparison. (PR #186) (Arkadiy Illarionov)
- Properlly shell escape URI's when opening them. (PR #271 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Fix a one byte buffer overread in function purple_markup_linkify
- Fix an issue were utf8 was incorrectly truncated which could lead to crashes as we were potentially feeding garbage into glib/gtk.
- Fixed build against curses 6.0 with opaque structs set. (#16764 dimstar) (PR #268 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Fixed a crash when resizing the window. (#16680 marcus) (PR #269 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Fixed bashism in autotools. (#16836 lameventanas) (PR #267 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Show XEP-0066 OOB URLs in any message, not just headlines
- Fix a user after free (#17200 debarshiray) (PR #266 Ethan Blanton)
- Removed pipelining from BOSH connections (#17025 PR #295 Tom Li)
- Don't try to TLS already secured BOSH connections (#17270 PR #293 Tom Li)
- Fix "Registration timeout" on SASL auth with InspIRCd servers (and possibly others not based on charybdis/ratbox/ircd-seven)
- Fix issues with plugins that modify outgoing messages (such as the custom PART/QUIT feature of the IRC More plugin)
- Fix IRC buffer handling. (#12562 PR #272 Shivaram Lingamneni)
- Properly handle AUTHENTICATE as a normal command with server prefix. (PR #316 dx)
- Fix a crash caused by a use after free of the MOTD.
- Fix an out of bounds read in irc_nick_skip_mode.
- Fix a write of a single byte before the start of a buffer in irc_parse_ctcp.
- Better support for dark themes. (#12572 Alyssa Rosenzweig and Gary Kramlich)
- Fixed IPv6 links by not escaping 's. (#16391 cyisfor) (PR #270 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Only write buddy icons to the cache if they're not already cached. (PR #276 David Woodhouse)
- Rejoin persistent chats after reconnect. (#15687 PR #285 Christof Meerwald)
- Made the WIN32 Transparency plugin work on all platforms. (#3124 PR #287 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Ensure search results buttons are labeled (Backport from de2d88e575ee)
- Fix matching unicode smilies. (#17232 gnubfx PR #262 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Correctly update mute/unmute status when the remote side mutes/unmutes us. (#17273 PR #302 David Woodhouse)
- Rework the status icon blinking to not used deprecated API. (#17174 zelch PR #264 Daniel Kamil Kozar)
- Don't allow adding a buddy to protocols that don't have an add_buddy callback. (#4061 Paradox)
- Fix handling of search results (#17238 David Woodhouse)
Voice & Video:
- Port backend-fs to newer api for farstream relay-info property (#17274 bellet)
Software similar to Pidgin 11
Make calls, send messages and much more - freely and securely. Viber works on most Android, iOS, and Windows 10 devices, as well as Mac and Windows computers.
Send messages and files from your PC to mobile, Facebook and Google+ friends.
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
More similar downloads