Enhancements Since Version 1007
1. Fixed configuration settings not saved properly.
2. Corrected lack of connection status when PPPoE is in used to connect to ISP.
3. Fixed blank WAN IP address issue on the Status page provided by WGR101 router manager.
Enhancements Since Version 1001
1) Added WPA-PSK.
2) Added PPPoE as Internet connection method.
3) Improved throughput: now it is up to 23 Mbps.
4) Fixed the bug that if SSID's broadcast is disabled, wireless clients can not connect to the device.
1) The WGR101 does not support PPTP and L2TP as Internet connection method. WGR101 will not work with any ISP using PPTP or L2TP.
Enhancements Since Version 1000
* Performance Enhancements
* You can upgrade by using the Web interface Router Upgrade menu.
* Before you upgrade write down all current settings as you need to enter them MANUALLY after upgrading. Make sure to record the switch position.
1. Download the link below, saving it to a convenient place such as the desktop.
2. Set switch to position 3. (Consult the Installation Guide if you want to know more about switch positions.)
3. Open the browser and access the router (usually the address is https://192.168.0.1).
4. Log in to the router (User Name = admin and Password = password unless you changed it).
5. Click Maintenance > Router Upgrade.
6. Click Browse and locate the place you saved it in the first step.
7. Click Upload.
8. Wait for the router to reboot.
9. Verify that the router firmware was upgraded by clicking Maintenance > Router Status.
10. Reset router to factory defaults: Click Maintenance > Backup Settings > Revert to Factory Default Settings > ERASE. (OR use the Default Reset button on the rear panel of the router. With the unit powered on, press and hold the Default Reset button until the Test lights, in about 5 seconds. Release the Default Reset button.)
11. Wait for the router to reboot.
12. Reenter the settings you noted before upgrading.
13. Either set the switch to the position you had before, or set switch to position 1, which is the working single user mode.