New AC WiFi technology delivers the speed, range and reliability you need to keep even the latest WiFi devices humming along. Play tunes on the smartphone in the kitchen. View YouTube on the tablet in the bedroom. Stream movies on the media player in the living room. Simultaneous Dual Bands avoid wireless interference and keep the streams flowing.
New Features & Enhancements:
- Updated Firmware for compliance to the new regulatory EN 300 328 v1.8.1 and EN 301 893 v1.7.1
Known Issues & Limitations:
- The WMP (windows media player) as DLNA client may take longer time to get file list from the R6100 attached USB storage while R6100 acts as DLNA server if this USB storage has too many files.
- Traffic meter - Traffic volume control is not accurate due to sampling rate. It may exceed the limit.
- Workaround: Set a proper number in "Mbytes before the monthly limit is reached" in the traffic control.
Note: To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually.
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Log in to the router using a Web browser. The URL is http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.
- The upgrade process is completed when the on screen progress bar completes. If power LED light turns amber and blinking, power cycle the router to complete the upgrade.
- If the upgrade progress bar on web GUI doesn’t display correctly during firmware upgrade, you can still check the status using Power LED. The Power LED should be blinking (amber) during firmware upgrade. After firmware upgrade is done and boots up the system, it changes to steady amber color.
- Please DO NOT power off or reboot the device during firmware upgrade, otherwise, it may result to a corrupt firmware and cause the device not to work.