HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't know

It's a matter of using search here at TechSpot, or by going through all the posts

I wanted to get help updating my list, but no one helped :( The only help are from Spammers, and I have to continually remove them because they post rubbish mainly, and also call me and email me etc (Of which I strongly advise against ie Don't waste your money, getting normally free help ;) )

Can someone please tell me if the dell inspiron 8600 is one that will work with the paperclip method I don't know what chip it has, I am hoping to find out if paperclip method works before taking it apart,

thanks for any info you can provide

Thanks for that idea but neither of those will work as i cant boot from anything and the bios chip is not labled anything like that. So if anyone with a 595B password generator that is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated thanks see above post for the service tag number.

@Pauley1
Latitude X1 ... The Chip is on the bottom of the motherboard just to the left of DIMM 1
I could find a pic eventually on Google search, but it sounds as though you don't want free support (strange, but oh well)

i have service manual but i have to be sure before openin it and use paperclips. if someone help me where the chip located in motherboard, and whats written on it, i can take close up pics ofcourse.

I bought a dell d430 at a computer recycle store. It was missing power supply , memory and HD. It was a good price . After buying new parts it now needs a password. I could have bought a new one. Can you help with Password? Thanks. Service tag 9bf9dg1-595b

Dell Latitude 131L - HDD Password

Predator25, thanks for the passwords for the BIOS and the HDD. The BIOS worked and I was able to get in the BIOS but the HDD password did not work: 2628800. Do you happen to have any other way around this. Thanks for your help . . . I'm halfway there.

BTW . . . While I was in the BIOS, I attempted to clear the HDD password by entering the password you supplied and after 3 attempts I was locked out by a "System Disabled" code of 00007. If this helps any.

predator25 has been sitting on 15 Posts for more than a year (just ironically the old minimum amount before being allowed to PM) He hasn't posted here for months and months before that

But PM minimum post amount is now 45 (happened about a week ago), I wonder if that means we have about 28 good posts forthcoming by him, until he reaches that PM minimum amount again?
If so. predator25 make sure everyone is a helpful post (if you have the ability to supply free passwords - go for it) But after that, if you suddenly stop posting, I'll call on all members who have been approached by PM payment service (which is not allowed at TechSpot) to come forward.

Any member supplying payment service via the forum or through PM will be permanently banned, instantly. And their details (email and IP) will be posted on StopForumSpam worldwide referenced website
TechSpot forum is for free help only

Everyone should read this thread in full (there's only 4 posts and it's a sticky ) before asking for help:
=> Dell Bios Password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting.

Dear kimsland

Sorry ... but I do not know English, because I am from Russia .... I use a translator to talk!

Regarding payment I have nobody on the forum and to those I wrote in the PM has never offered to buy my passwords as an administrator ... you think you can read all my PM messages and make their conclusions correct. Even if I wanted, then I do not have paypal and then you can not transfer money to me.

I live in Russia and worked there ... Here is our site to repair laptops: http://www.notebook1.ru/forma1/

My nickname evserv, I have a master on the laptop and the administrator-;)

And what do I do next thought, I think;)))

Can someone tell me if the paperclip method is possible on an inspirion 1521. I searched google with no results. also if any one can point me to a location of the chip would be great!. I also tried that search with no luck

you think you can read all my PM messages and make their conclusions correct.
I cannot read users PMs; only Admin here can do that here (now)
Thanks for your help in the past :grinthumb, and hopefully if you decide to help others freely here for present or future posts

Ideally we need: (although generally known)
Pictures of various Motherboards, pointing to the IC Chip
The IC chip identifiers (their labels)
Process of steps
Info on the generator, or even how you were able to solve other posts

The 595B generator itself, if anyone knows the whereabouts (this program will inevitably be available freely to all)
Any other info that you (or others) can help with

Ideally I would like to create a guide here at TechSpot on password removal
Note: From creating a full guide, this thread would not be required

Can someone tell me if the paperclip method is possible on an inspirion 1521.
Obi made a post here on some of the models that can be shorted: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post651742-105.html

Inspiron 1521 does not seem to be in the list :(

If you can boot any CD the DST CD Method works for service tags ending with 595B.
Download it at: http://www.download.centre4service.com/software1.html
password (for downloads)=smellyalater

This information is also in the sticky at the top of the Mobile Computing forum

Greetings all,

I have found this site searching like many others for help with a "Grey Screen of Doom" locked out E1705. From what I can tell there is no eeprom to try the paperclip method and from searching this forum it looks that not too many people get help with this model.

ST for it is CQFS5C1-595B
ESC IS 27720016129

If anyone can help, I'll return the favor

Peace

Removing password is evil. Especially for free.
595B generator should not be free in any case.
You create guide for people who wish to diy, and no more.
Ideally we need: (although generally known)
Pictures of various Motherboards, pointing to the IC Chip
The IC chip identifiers (their labels)
Process of steps
Info on the generator, or even how you were able to solve other posts

The 595B generator itself, if anyone knows the whereabouts (this program will inevitably be available freely to all)
Any other info that you (or others) can help with

Ideally I would like to create a guide here at TechSpot on password removal
Note: From creating a full guide, this thread would not be required
[/URL]at the top of the Mobile Computing forum

I beg to differ

A guide (in English) would help immensely
For any others who cannot be helped freely, then this thread is not for you

I'm still searching for the generator, and if found, it will be made freely available to all

Removing password is evil. Especially for free.
595B generator should not be free in any case.
You create guide for people who wish to diy, and no more.

Why is asking for assistance evil? What I consider evil is people out there wanting money to help but once paid they are never heard from again. I am more than willing to pay as long as it does what I need and not some scam.I am currently waiting on Dell to transfer ownership and that can take a month and if I can find a solution before then I will compensate that person if not I guess Dell will get the money if they can help.

If a 595B PW generator ever comes available I would more than happily help others out and not expect anything in return. If I did then I should not be hanging on a free forum.

Peace.

Thank you Kimsland. There are some that want a freebie, there are others that have integrity. It's hard knowing who is who but in time everyone reveals themselves.

Peace.

DELL Latidude HDD PW

sry for opening new thread but all other threads by this topic are closed...

search the PW for:

#206D9J34P8F-959B, the system primary HDD, is protected by a password authentication system

please help. I used Password Fixing Utility 2008.10 Trial but this PW is absent.

greetz
nanota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back