Blue Screen of Death Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancell

Hi,

I just signed up so hopefully im doing this all right :D

Last few days I been gettling blue screen of death about once a day.
It mostly happens when Im playin call of duty 2... Or when im listening to music.

I went through lots of tests.. Testin my graphics card.. Ram Test.. Nvida Stress System Test.. Etc... All passed...

I got the minidump file but I dont know how read it or what to do with it...

I also dont know if I should reinstall windows etc

Any help would be really appreciated.. Thanks

Dan

For starters you'll have to post your minidump files as attachments so they can be reviewed, and also all the specs of the computer...:)

Ok thats no problem.... Can you tell me how I upload my minidump file please.. And il post it along with system specs =D

Just found the attachment section xD

Ok attached minidump file here also as I just found the attach section.

Attachments

• Mini071709-01.dmp
    80 KB · Views: 7
Pc Specs

Here is an attachment of my pc specs... Hope I have supplied everything needed.

If anyone can identify the problem im having.. as being hardware.. software..
Just to point me in the correct direction :D If you need anymore information let me know.

Any time taken to help me is much appreciated. I have spent hours tryin :(

O and my batterry is erm 600w or 400w Artic power I think.. Il make an accurate check if needed "Along with ram speeds etc"

Quick update on some my pc specs copyed over from recipt when I built my computer :D..

Kingston 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ecc CL5 Unbuffered 1.8V

(I also got another 2 ram sticks with there own heat sinks)

MSI P35 Neo-F Socket 775 FSB1333 onboard 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Arctic Power 600W PSU - With PCI-E, 3x SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors

XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3 XXX edition Dual DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Samsung SM933SN 18.5" TFT Monitor

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the delay.
I tried opening the dump file and couldn't see anything ( I'm currently getting into learning the dumpfiles)
However, after spending some time going over it (and if you could post more, it would be better for comparison) , I looked up the code on google and found you may have corrupted memory. The first thing I would suggest is to try swapping memory sticks, otherwise you'll have to go through the lengthy process of checking the memory ( please visit link for details:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-62524-Tutorial-How-to-use-Memtest.html
Hope this helps :)

No problem.. Ok cheerz mate.. Im just getting out of bed now lol. So il post back tonight with hopefully another minidump if the BSOD appears.. Also il check me ram sticks one by one with memtest.. Allthough they did pass last time.. but I will do erm one by one.. =D

Your minidump says ntoskrnl is to blame. That typically means memory, although a bad driver can cause this too... And some other less likely issues like power supply or system board problems.

I'd try testing your system again, but use memtest+ and let it run for an hour or two. You can also nab it from the UBCD.

Thx

Thanks for your help you two :D

Im currently on my laptop as memtest 86+ v2.11 is checking my pc ram...

I left all 4 sticks in. Its currently at 91% Pass.. and been runnin 58 mins.. Il get back to you when its complete.. How many times should I run memtest ?

Many Thanks

The test just completed its 1st pass....

Result : Pass Complete, no errors, press esc to exit.

I've left it running.

I completed 2 hours of memtest and all passes was succesfull... I will run it all over nite.. tonight.... But part from that all day I have been on my pc.. Tryin 2 get the BSOD.. It did come then I went to minidump.. and it didnt record as some reason the event box wasnt ticked in start up and recovery settings.. I ticked that.. Then later on my game just froze.. Totally froze.. Could still hear the sound but think it was a loop... Then I restarted pc.. Then the BSOD come.. Sadly once again it still didnt record it :mad:! But It said Bad_Pool_Caller I dont think it said that last time :S .. I will still keep tryin to get more minidumps.. And also post my results in the morning of the memtest. Any help really be appreicated! PLEASE :D

Based on history, Bad_Pool_Caller usually refers to a printer problem or video, but more minidumps would definitely be needed to confirm. I would follow through with Rick's recommendations and then continue from there...

I aint done nufin with printer lately so dont know but I will try my hardest to get more minidumps.. I get like one BSOD a day or the pc freezes totally.. I left memtest on all nite.. as mentioned by Rick .. It did 10 passes with no errors.. I guess we wont know what the problem is with out more minidumps. I will post back another time when I have another minidump..

Dan

Strange

I aint replyed back for a long time as my pc started workin fine for like 4 days.. Then yesterday It BSOD for the first time again but didnt record.. Because everytime I start my pc I have to tell it to make a minidump .. So I just forgot.. But today I manage to get a minidump :D Even tho I dont feel it will help only because.. I keep getting different messages last time it was K-Mixer.sys error.. and also non page aread located etc.. Mostly non page areas.. I hope someone can help... I did memtest as read aboth so says ram is fine.. Isit softrware or a hardware problem .. if hardware what part do I need to replace. Or isit a good idea to reinstall windows ? Plz help asap

Plz Answer

I reinstalled windows a few days ago! But I still been get freezes and crashes and things on call of duty 2.

I got another minidump file here!

Plz help. I need 2 no wot part of hardware 2 replace.. GFX .. Or ram! But I checked all ram and der fine memtest says!

Make sure the system is unplugged and powered down before you do any of this.

After unplugging the system, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or so to release any stored energy before cleaning, etc. Then, hold your hand on the power supply for a few seconds to release static electricity.
Only handle the memory, etc. by the edge of the card. do not touch the circuits. Make sure you don't touch the board or any circuits inside the machine.

I'd suggest carefully removing and reseating the memory and graphics card. If the system is dirty blow it out with compressed air.

Hi RWC

I have tried that method before also used cotton buds to carefully clean fans etc. I have sitted everything. Even the cpu cooler I unclipped and seated back on! Everything looks nice and clean inside.

My pc has also just had another bsod. And got another minidump!

Today my pc has just froze every 20 mins.. makin me restart as task manager dont come..

Been so bad today! Reason I made a new thread ..

I have attached another minidump!

If I could just find out what hardware is doing it. I mite have it under warranty from ebuyer.

I can't read the minidump, won't download, but it sounds like you get a different BSOD each time? and it points to a different file each time? That would make me think it's the memory. Have you tried just running one stick of RAM? and then the other? One at a time? To try and eliminate one or the other as being good or bad?

the other option would be to try a different video card. Are all the fans running when the system is on? physically look and confirm that they are for sure running.

Thx

Thanks for the reply..

In my other thread someone said it could me memory.. Dead pci card.. or sound drivers was one on other issues my minidumps read.. So yeah you are correct.. The minidumps are memory.. sound.. All random.. I will update all my drivers today from the websites! See how I get on. If It freezes.. BSODS. I will do your ram idea just leaveing one stick and then add a 2nd etc. Also. I aint got another pci express gfx card. Is there anychance the motherboard could be ruined ? As the minidumps are saying sound then memory etc. If so what would I have to do to find out?

Anyway lets hope your ideas and others work. I will soon get back to you all!

Thanks..

Dan

I updated my sound and motherboard main drivers etc..

So far I aint got no blue screen of death.. but when I minimize my game or quit it. My pc just beeps then freezes for like 2miniutes then it all loads back up. Or also when I was in my game today it froze and then the screen went black then it loaded my game up with all brokent bits of graphics (Textures and stuff) And sometimes when I minimize the screen just goes black and stays black but then responds about 2-4 miniutes later. So Im not sure if updating my dirvers has fixed the blue screen but at moment no blue screen.

Something aint right though with all these freezes.

Look at task manager when the game is on, How much memory are you using while playing the game?

You said you unseated the cpu cooler? watercooled? or do you mean the aluminum heatsink w' fins? If you unseat that you must reapply thermal compound to it before reseating or else your cpu will overheat.

You said you cleaned the system, but you didn't mention if the fans were all running. they should all be running when the pc is on. visually check them and make sure they are ALL running.

I don't know alot about video cards, but maybe that card isn't powerful enough for the game you play. What are the minimum requirements for that game? It should say on the box.

By the sounds of it something is overheating or you have a memory or graphics card issue.

Also, you say you have a Kingston 2GB kit and 2 w' their own heatsinks. Which are you using? The two Kingstons, the two w' heatsinks, or all 4? If you're mixing different brands, kinds of memory that could be your problem.

thx

Cheerz, I have took out the 2 heatsinks one .. and me pc aint BSOD yet or froze yet.. Strange really tho "If this is the problem" because had those same rams all together for years of playing pc games.. But so far all seems good. Thanks for your help. Il let u no how it goes.. Because my pc is a wierd one lol.. Tomorrow it might BSOD. So un predictable. But so far so good! So lets hope! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back