Stop Error x024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muliki

Hi, im running Windows XP Home edition, and just the other day im pretty sure my computer got a virus. When I reboot the computer it loads all the way up to the Windows XP loading screen and just flashes a blue screen too fast to read, then on the next try it allows me to pick safe mode so I choose Safe Mode with Networking which im doing now. I disabled automatic restart and the stop error i get is 0X00000024 (0X001902FE, 9XF7C994D8, 0XF7C991D4, 0X8666A889). Ive tried running chkdsk /f from booting up the xp cd and that didnt fix the problem. Is there any thing else i could do or more info i need to post? Thanks.

If you think you got a virus you need to scan for infections. Go to the Virus and Malware forum, read the Updated 8 Step sticky, and follow the steps as given -- don't skip any steps.

Then when you finish the steps post on that forum with the three required logs attached.

Good luck.

Ok thanks ill try that. I dont think the virus is gone yet either, because when i open up mozilla firefox another window opens but says its being blocked because its an attack site or something. Ive tried running my antivirus AVG and it doesnt seem to be working.

Can you post your minidump so we can have a look and see what exactly may be the problem?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

However, with the behavior you are experiencing do the 8 Steps first and remember to post on the Virus and Malware forum with the three required logs.

Ok thanks, right now im kinda stuck on step 3. I cant find how to disable any of the programs needed because non of them are on the tray. Im guessing they usually arent there in safe mode. I tried to go ahead and download step 4 and 5 but i keep getting the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." So im guessing it has to do with step 3 which im stuck on.

Please, start new topic in malware removal forum, state your issues and we'll help you out.

Well thanks for the help, i just ended up reformating my drive because i think the hacker disabled my internet too so i wasnt able to connect back on to here. I just hope they cant get back in my computer now.

I am assuming you are behind a router, correct? Please tell us what security software you are running.

Consider using the free Superantispyware and the free Malwarebytes in addition to AVG.

Avast and Antivir are excellent antiviruses as well. Good luck.

Yes i use malwarebyes now seems like a good program, ill check out the other one. Avast is pretty good too but i can only get a trial for a certain period of time. Also i use ccleaner now too.

If you register Avast you will be able to run it for 14 months after the first time and then when that time runs out all they ask you to do is register again after every 12 months.

Registration is free and simple. It is a great product that updates at least twice daily while offering real time protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back