Inactive Problem loading software - MBAM_Error_Load_Database (0,5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this error when I try to hit the icon to load the fix software - MBAM_Error_Load_Database (0,5). it also said to let tech support know this, i'm not sure how to do this, so I'm posting here. Does anyone have any ideas?

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Do NOT put any prefixes in your topic title ([Active]), because it's misleading malware helpers.

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Skip MBAM for now.

This error will come up if you have an earlier version of Malwarebytes on the system. The link we give in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal steps is for the free version to use while we clean. Although we give instructions on removing the cleaning tools when finished, some users leave it on the system. The problem arises when attempting to use it at some later date because that would require a purchase of the program. If you want the program permanently on your system, please visit the Malwarebytes site.

But this error is easily fixed:

Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as follows:

malwarebytesgc8.png

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from from HERE
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    [o] Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    [o] and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick scan, then click Scan.
    * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
    [o] If you accidentally close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    [o] C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
========================
Note please that this link is for temporary scanning. If you wish to keep the program, you are required to purchase it.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

LOL...That was you, Bobbye, who marked this thread as "Active"
I'm out of here :)

I did that because I thought it might be related to the steps in the thread. Another member got the same error and I referred him to my reply here.

Edit: I have changed the prefix to a more appropriate "In Progress."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back