9100 overclock speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannanCarlock

What are some relatively good parameters for overclocking a radeon 9100 (non igp)? I am just looking for some reference points to see what other people have come up with. I have downloaded Atitools and installed it. This post is for my Dad. He builds computers occasionally but doesn't do any tweaking. I bought Medal of Honor Pacific Assault for him and it chugs like a locomotive. He has an Atlon 2400+ w/ 768m of memory. I wanna hook him up as well as possible without a major upgrade. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A good upgrade would be to get a Radeon 9800 Pro, the rest of the system is quite good & can play current games fairly well.:)

Do you know what the default speeds for the card are and how much memory? Usually 250 core and 500 memory unless its a Saphire which is clocked at 200/400. With memory heatsinks you should be able to get 550-600 with the memory and 275-300 core. Most 9100's arent bad cards. You also need at least 128mb on the card. If your dads not a hardcore game you may be better off getting a Radeon 9600 or FX 5600.

Thanks. He's a FPS nut. He loves anything military and FPS themed. I will have to go by his house and look at the defaults for the core and memory. Where do you get heatsinks for the radeon cards? He wants me to overclock the cpu which is not a big deal. (I have learned quite a bit form you guys and this site!) :D

I came across something that I haven't seen before. When you unlock the bios to fiddle with fsb speeds and such the memory speed is displayed at xxx/xx (I don't remember the specifics and he hasn't emailed to me yet). What is the second set of numbers for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back