I need help with spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXimus4444

Hello,

I have been looking all over to find a sollution to my problem and I haven't found one that works yet.

My problem is that I have some spyware and I don't know how to get rid of it.

It is a pop-up window that shows up every so often. I'll post my HJT log. Any help would be awesome.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot

First thing we need to do here is place HJT in its own folder yours is not . It needs to be in C/HJT this is very important ..

Next thing we have to do here is download a spyware program like spybot you can get it Here

Update this and run it with all windows closed!

download and install A-squared get it Here

Run this with all windows closed..

Last thing we need to do is update you antivirus

After you do all the above please repost you log here and RBS will probbly take a look at it for you..

tbrunt3

I don't know why you insist on referring to that A-Squared. It is obnoxious in that you have to register, it insists on installing all these crappy extra East-Block languagues, and worst of all, you have to reboot first for it to work (poorly at that, from what I have seen sofar). Do you have shares in that outfit?
Would it not be preferable to refer to my thread in the first place?
Use these lines if you like:
Go to this post here first, and follow the instructions EXACTLY, especially about UPDATING and HJT-location.
How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties
Then see How to post your Hijackthis log-files.

maXimus4444
Did that program A-Squared actually DO anything for your PC?
When I have your (honest) answer, I'll look at your log.

All is well now.

As for the a^2 it said that there were a number of malware components. I ran it and it removed all of them. Thank you for your help. It is very appreciated.

Maximus

thanks bud I am glad it worked for you .It actually is a very good program..

RBS
Please read your pm I am just trying to help out. Noted i will refer to your how to post a log thanks bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back