Just a suggestion, Items for sale

bigbrat41

I'm also a member of 3geez.com, a forum for owners of 3rd generation Honda Accords. This site has a forum for sales and needs.
Right now I'm in need of a Socket A mobo, sdram. I'm replacing my mobo which appears to have gone south for the winter. i do not wish to upgrade to aboard with DDr ram as I'm also trying to build another computer. So many wants and needs and so little money.
It would be nice to see items for sale here as I have more faith in the users here then I do on E-bay.
I am also aware of the potential problems as on 3geez they are still flaming a user who accepted payment without making the first shipment.
Something to consider.
Love the site.
Greg

I've brought this suggestion up before, but techspot doesn't want to be resposible for member sales disputes. So I would suggest looking in ebay.

I guess we could try again doing the Sell/Buy/Trade thing...? Our forum has become increasingly popular and perhaps it will be a good alternative than using eBay or other methods where expensive fees are involved in the transaction.

I have heard good things about this kind of action going on at Anand's boards, maybe we could start rolling our own little thing to see what happens.

As always, your feedback will become the most important factor to consider.

Julio

I just put my resume in with College sellers. They are based in Tempe,Az.
What I'm hoping for is to get a licsenes for it. The only functional problem I had with it was not being able to update my photos once I submitted, though I could edit my ad. It's not free like craigslist but much cheaper than e-bay and they don't take a % of sale.

I figure with paypal protection and some common sense it could work here @TS!
This would be so awesome!! & I'd like to help in any way I can!
Julio said:
I guess we could try again doing the Sell/Buy/Trade thing...?
It sounds like you tried once before?
Could you elaborate so maybe we can work it out to avoid re-occurences?

WoW! just got back from Anand's boards
Forum rules

Julio said:
I guess we could try again doing the Sell/Buy/Trade thing...? Our forum has become increasingly popular and perhaps it will be a good alternative than using eBay or other methods where expensive fees are involved in the transaction.

I have heard good things about this kind of action going on at Anand's boards, maybe we could start rolling our own little thing to see what happens.

As always, your feedback will become the most important factor to consider.
sounds good.

can u possibly (if u do start one) add a sub heading for Canadians. It makes it easier to find other canadians who are selling/buying but doesnt wanna go through the mess of transactions between CDN and USD

What about us Europeans?
There's a conversion of Euro/Sterling to Dollar involved, not to mention shipping cost.
Out of curiosity, anybody have a percentage list of country-membership?

And australians..

There's really no point in such subdividing. Every decent "for sale" post contains information about the location of goods. And if you don't like the location, just go away :p

If you are interested in buying something, then you have to do some communicating with the seller anyway and agreeing on final currency/amount is not that difficult unless you are a real penny-pincher.

my point was to make finding sellers in ur geographical location much easier. instead of digging through hundreds of ads/sales thats conducted in america.

I have 2 places that have similar format for just that.
Craigslist.org & collegesellers.com.
Both have a way to post ads regionally as well selective
regions for buyers.
You know a thought just crossed my mind, OUCH!,maybe one of them
or one like them would make a section just for us. TechSpot members only
and set it up regionally. Might be a way to take any heat off the staff.

E-bay has away to post ads regionally but not shop that way, well easily anyway.

I really doubt there would be hundreds of ads. And why would you systematically dig through everything sold near you unless you are one of those people who buy anything low and sell anything high, including your own grandmother and my uncle's old teeth?

Well, um, er, if he aint usin them no more I'll offer $5.00 :rolleyes:
Most any search feature could trim thing down,

I would get the Buy/Sell/Trade thing up because maybe TS can earn a bit of money with shipping fees which go through TS. Maybe also for games, sellers would put up system requirements, and people can compare the games to there system specs. I would HIGHLY recommend putting up the Buy/Sell/Trade thing.

I think the only way this would work is when TS does not associate itself in any way with the deals made - anything else would be a nightmare to the TS staff.

Certainly we do not want to get in the middle of such transactions, nor do we want to get a commission on sales. The idea put simply would be to have a place where you can get rid of your old hardware without paying any ebay-like fees, and where many potential buyers will be reading and hopefully be interested in getting that older hardware at a discounted price.

Certain rules would have to be enforced in order to make transactions as reliable as possible but I still think there is some potential opportunity here.

Back