still having problems with task manager and others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, i followed the instructions from <https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17297.html> there and im still getting problems with my task manager not coming up and with my limewire constantly starting up.

i did the instructions on that page twice....
the first HJT file is from the first time i scanned and saved the log
and the 2nd HJT file is from second time i tried it

EDIT: now i just noticed that im getting problems from ms-dos...the name of the titlebar for it that keeps popping up is "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\h91746.exe" and when that comes up another window comes up that says "The NTVDM CPU has ecountered an illegal instruction. CS:0dc0 IP:01d4 OP:63 68 65 2f 31 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application" and when i close it keeps occuring over and over again :confused:

any help will be much appreciated :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode. Turn off system restore. Open your task manager, and click on the processes tab. End process for(if there).

h91746.exe

Close task manager.

Delete the following bold file(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\h91746.exe

Then follow the rest of the instructions below.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Only post a HJT log after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave:

i do the above instructions bu the process is not running when i open task manager and when i try and delete file it says it is in use and will not let me delete. this is done while in safe mode just like instructed. what do i do now??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

lonzo said:
i do the above instructions bu the process is not running when i open task manager and when i try and delete file it says it is in use and will not let me delete. this is done while in safe mode just like instructed. what do i do now??

I have absolutely no idea what you`re talking about.

If you`ve got a malware problem, follow these instructions.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Then open a new thread in the security and the web forum and post your HJT log, only after following the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yes i did follow the instructions u gave hynotic. thats what i mean i cannot delete the file as instructed. also i am a beginner with this so i dont know what a hjt is

Sorry about that.

See my revised instructions above.

Each set of instructions is tailor made for each problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back