Popular P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross-platform compatibility. LimeWire will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and other operating systems.
LimeWire still has the following great features:
- Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta-information.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
- iTunes integration for Mac users.
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup.
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
- Fix a rare download crash
- Fix updates on Windows Vista
- Add support for private flag in torrent files
- Use TLS when servicing connectback requests
- Update DHT code to let nodes connect sooner
- Fix Alternate Location parsing bug
- Return Tiger Tree roots in responses
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: