LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross-platform compatibility. LimeWire will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and other operating systems.
LimeWire still has the following great features:
- Ease of use. Just install, run, and search.
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other meta-information.
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface.
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster.
- iTunes integration for Mac users.
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host feature. Even works through firewalls.
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup.
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system.
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
- Fix a rare download crash
- Fix updates on Windows Vista
- Add support for private flag in torrent files
- Use TLS when servicing connectback requests
- Update DHT code to let nodes connect sooner
- Fix Alternate Location parsing bug
- Return Tiger Tree roots in responses