DOSBox 0.65 for Mac OS X
DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms.
DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...
DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386 realmode/protected mode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, Tandy/Hercules/CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA graphics, a SoundBlaster/Gravis Ultra Sound card for excellent sound compatibility with older games...
You can "re-live" the good old days with the help of DOSBox, it can run plenty of the old classics that don't run on your new computer!
DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource.
* 4/15/16/32bpp VESA mode support
* Lot's of fixes for better vga compatibility
* Improved CGA composite output
* Added video capturing to avi
* Improved screen updating for more speed
* PCjr machine mode added
* Speedup cpu cores and fix endian issues
* FPU core speedup with assembly
* Improved keyboard and bios handling
* Lockfree mouse mode added again
* Improved builtin dos with umbs and better fat support
* Added VCPI emulation and fixed some issues with ems
* Improved support for booter games
* Modem and IPX support improved for multiplayer
* Countless other bugfixes and features added
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.