FastStone Image Viewer 3.6 Beta 2
An image browser, converter and editor that supports all major graphic formats.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
FastStone Image Viewer is a fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. It has a nice array of features that include image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping and color adjustments. Its innovative but intuitive full-screen mode provides quick access to EXIF information, thumbnail browser and major functionalities via hidden toolbars that pop up when your mouse touch the four edges of the screen. Other features include a high quality magnifier and a musical slideshow with 150+ transitional effects, as well as lossless JPEG transitions, drop shadow effects, image frames, scanner support, histogram and much more. It supports all major graphic formats (BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO and TGA) and popular digital camera RAW formats (CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF and DNG).
# Common image formats support, including loading of JPEG, JPEG2000, GIF, BMP, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO, CUR, TGA and saving to JPEG, JPEG2000, TIFF, GIF, PCX, BMP, PNG, TGA
# Digital camera RAW formats support, including CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF and DNG
# Full screen viewer with Select - Zoom support
# Crystal clear and customizable magnifier
# Resizing, flipping, rotating, cropping, emailing and color adjusting tools
# Powerful crop-board that crops images into pre-defined and customized print sizes
# Image EXIF metadata support
# Batch image converter/resizer
# Slideshow with 150+ transitional effects and MP3/WAV/MIDI/WMA background music support
# Compare images side by side
# Undo, Redo and Mouse Wheel support
# Image Annotation (text, arrowed line, watermark etc.)
# Simple and effective red-eye removal
- Added "Slide Show Builder" (under "Create" menu), which allows you to save a slide show, including image and music files, into a single exe file that can be played in other computers without FastStone Image Viewer
- Updated RAW library
- Enhanced the "Download Photos" tool. Now it is possible to get photos from both cameras and card readers via USB
- Enhanced the "Change Timestamp" under Tools menu. Now it allows you to change/adjust the date time when photos were taken
- Added "Remove JPEG Metadata" to Tools menu. It allows you to remove metadata such as EXIF, IPTC, embedded thumbnails etc from jpeg files
- Added Show Histogram option to the image comparison tool
- In the image comparison tool, now it is possible to pan around with arrow keys
- Enhanced the RAW library. Now it is recommended to view RAW files using the embedded preview image for faster performance (see RAW tab in the Settings)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.