Nisus Writer Express for Mac 3.4.6
Nisus Writer Express is a writing and editing tool that is engineered lean, focused, and fast
Nisus Writer Express is a writing and editing tool that is engineered lean, focused, and fast... at a price even a student can afford. Nisus Writer Express exploits OS X to the full, and it will continue to grow with the power of Mac OS X. Completely rewritten in Cocoa so it blends seamlessly with the OS X environment.
- Award winning interface
- RTF and .doc support
- Multilingual (BiDi) text support
- Easy to use style system
- Built-in tables
- Highly customizable interface
- Powerful find and replace
- Non-contiguous selection
- Bullets and numbering
- LinkBack support
- Sections and Columns
- Addressed several bugs that could cause crashes:
- Fixed: deleting pages, directly or indirectly (eg: by deleting page breaks), can cause crash if last visible page needed to be removed during redraw.
- Fixed: tables: possible crash when importing/pasting content with certain configurations of nested tables (eg: from Safari).
- Fixed: possible crash when inserting text near the end of a text area that uses the "Display as Capitalized" case changing attribute.
- Changed: attempt to prevent to prevent possible Page View crash on OSX 10.6 when typing.
- Fixed: lists: should be able to set list starting number for a single paragraph in the document text, ie: override starting list number enforced by styles.
- Fixed: deleting some text should persist the formatting of that text in the typing attributes, eg: text typed just afterwards should have the same attributes.
- Added: palettes: holding down the Command key when clicking a palette stepper's up/down arrows will restore the old behavior, where the first shown value is applied uniformly to the entire selection, instead of adjusting all selected values independently.
- Fixed: palettes: using a palette stepper's down arrow should affect all selected values, even if the first selected value is at zero.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.