The program can display and visualize the values measured by Mac OS X in a large variety of fashions.
Temperature Monitor tries to detect all sensors on as many Macintosh computer types as possible.
- display in a default window
- output in a screen display in front or in the background of the screen
- tabular display in an overview window
- display in the menu-bar
- display in the Dock icon
- graphical display of short-term and long-term history curves in an unlimited number of windows
- speech output
- display of minimum and maximum values
- export to text or CSV files
- Moreover, the application can display additional technical information about your computer. Among other information this includes processor type, processor and bus frequencies, and manufacturing information.
- The application can read out the data only if your computer is equipped with the necessary sensors, and if Mac OS X can access them without needing third-party device drivers. Starting in summer 2002, Apple has begun to massively drive forward the use of monitoring probes in the PowerMac series, the Xserve series, and in portable computers. Some models are equipped with 38 and more sensors.
- Temperature Monitor tries to detect all sensors on as many Macintosh computer types as possible. However, a prediction which sensors are available in which models is not possible, because Apple very often releases "silent product updates", where the hardware equipments of some models are changed but the names are not. The particular graphics card, hard disk configuration and operating system version is also important.
- Added support for Growl 2 in addition to Growl 1.
- Several chapters in the reference manual have been revised.
- Added support for the Mac mini (Late 2012), the Mac mini Server (Late 2012), the MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, the MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch (Early 2013 Revision), the MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch (Early 2013 Revision), the iMac 21-inch (Late 2012), and the iMac 27-inch (Late 2012).
- Corrected a problem where curves in a history window would not be displayed when the very last sensor in that window's sensor list went offline.
- Enhanced support for processing sensor readings for sensors indicating offline or error states.