Camino 2.1.2 for Mac OS X
Camino is a web browser for Mac OS X that has a Cocoa user interface, and embeds the Gecko layout engine.
Camino is intended to be a simple, small and fast browser for Mac OS X.
It is stable enough to use daytoday, but you may still encounter bugs. You should always keep backup copies of important data that you use with Camino (e.g. your bookmarks file).
Camino is a web browser optimized for Mac OS X with a Cocoa user interface, and powerful Gecko layout engine. It's the simple, secure, and fast browser for Mac OS X.
Camino practices the art of simplicity with an uncluttered user interface but with the features you expect from a modern browser like tabbed browsing and pop*up blocking settings.
Integrated with Google, Camino's Google search field lets you find what you need faster. We take your security and privacy seriously. That's why Camino comes with advanced cookie settings.
Camino also helps you recognize when entering and leaving secure web sites. One of the fastest browsers on MacOS X *innovative features enhance what you get out of the internet. The power behind Camino is the Gecko rendering engine, built and tested by thousands of volunteers, incorporating the absolute cutting edge in web innovations.
- A bookmark manager with integrated Rendezvous, Address Book (on OSX 10.2+), Top 10 list and Search
- Google Search bar
- Session history on back/forward buttons
- Greatly improved cookie management
- A more compact download manager
- Allow list (white*list) for popup blocking
- Incremental FindAsYou*Type
- Upgrades the Gecko HTML rendering engine from Mozilla 1.0 to Mozilla 1.7, resulting in performance, stability, and rendering improvements.
- Upgraded to version 126.96.36.199 of the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine, which includes several critical security and stability fixes.
- The Help menu will once again contain the search field in non*English localizations on Mac OS X 10.6.
- The Camino Crash Reporter will now offer to send your email address with your crash report to allow the Camino developers to contact you for more information about your crash.
- Clicking on warning or error text in a certificate no longer causes the text to change colors.
- Improved ad*blocking.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: