BGEye will render system info as the desktop wallpaper.
The information is rendered as a variable array of elements, together with icons, onto a pre-defined background, before being saved as a bitmap and temporarily set as the wallpaper.
BGEye renders a new wallpaper every 60 seconds (or less).
BGEye optionally renders
· User-defined Title Text.
· Local Date and Time.
· Current Suit Name.
· Computer Uptime.
· A 'Accumulator' (Days, Hours and Minutes).
· CPU(s) (Model, Manufacturer etc).
· CPU Clock Speed(s) (MHz).
· Graphics Card (Model, Manufacturer etc).
· Audio Card(s) (Model, Manufacturer etc).
· Network Card(s) (Model, Manufacturer etc).
· USB Device(s).
· Processes (Total and maximum).
· RAM (Total, load and maximum load (Load including Page File)).
· Registry (Size and Size limit).
· Local Disk Drives (Total space and load).
· Remote (Networked) Disk Drives (Total space and load).
A BGEye 'Suit' (similar to a 'skin' or 'theme') controls the appearance of the rendered wallpaper. BGEye Suits are available for download from the internet.
Collections of suits can be created to restrict suit selection to a subset of all suits.
The current suit may be selected, or randomized on startup/reset/frame.
BGEye uses your 3D Graphics Card and DirectX 9.0c to render the wallpaper.
A editor is included with the download to help make suit creation simpler.
Stand-alone executable. No install required. Includes self-referencing link creation/deletion code.
BGEye v220.127.116.11 ['2007 June 26 - 19:30:04:']
* Enhanced 'Compass' texture load function (will load from suit parent directory).
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.