Mp3tag can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists, and more.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats :
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Write ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once
- Automatically create playlists
- Recursive subfolders support
- Remove parts or the entire tag of multiple files
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import tags from filenames
- Format tags and filenames
- Replace characters or words from tags and filenames
- Export tag information to user-defined formats (like html, rtf, csv, xml)
- Import tag information from an online database (also by text-search)
- Import tag information from a local database and much more...
- Fix: Tag field mapping in help file now states that YEAR is written to TYER in ID3v2.3
- Fix: Filtered file list displayed wrong files after moving files in file list (since v2.59b).
- Change: Rewrote huge parts of the internal code base to use standard container libraries and algorithms.
- Change: updated Discogs web source.
- Fix: occasional runtime error while performing undo of renaming of files.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Mp3tag: