Unison is a carefully-crafted, genuinely revolutionary Mac OS X Usenet newsreader.
It offers all the expected newsreader functionality: easy-to-navigate threaded discussions, the ability to ignore annoying posters, multiple signature management, and easy, Mail-like posting with spell checking and all the trimmings.
Unison features a unique four-view interface that lets you view and work with Usenet group content in four distinct styles: messages, files, images, or music.
It lets you preview MP3 files directly off a Usenet server, view images in an elegant iPhoto-like thumbnail view, prioritize transfers with a flexible downloads manager, find favorites quickly with a categorized column-view interface, smartly group files into meta-groups (like songs into albums), show download status beautifully in the dock, and much more.
- Four Ways To Browse
- Messages, files, music, and photos at their best
- Easy and Powerful
- That famous Panic mix: power and elegance!
- Live MP3 Streaming
- Preview audio files directly off your server!
- Image Thumbnails + Groups
- Download, preview, and view tons of images
- Breakthrough File Grouping
- Not just parts into files, but files into file groups
- Message Threading
- Incredibly easy parsing of lengthy discussions
- Dock Status
- See your active downloads at a dock*glance
- Your favorite Monty Python quote on each post
- Quick Search
- Type a few words to zero in on what you want!
- Easy Server Setup
- Quickly switch between news servers
- Customizable Favorites
- Just draganddrop to arrange your favorites
- Group Browser
- Use the column view to quickly find groups.
- Fixed PPC hanging and instability issues, due to a compiler bug
- Improved database performance
- Fixed some hanging issues on slower machines
- Fixed occasional crash changing password in server prefs
- Added possible fix for mystery crasher
- Fixed corruption of restarted downloads
- Fixed problem with SSL connections never timing out and getting stuck in "stalled"
- Fixed decoding of HTML messages in threaded view
- Fixed message decoding for multipart/alternative segments inside a multipart/mixed segment
- If operation queue can't connect to the server and the error is retryable, we now requeue operation and try 30 seconds later
- PAR2 slice size is now flexible so that we no longer have > 32,767 slices
- Number bubbles are now grey when app is inactive