Sign up for a new account or log in here:
nLite is a GUI for permanent Windows component removal by your choice.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines.
With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install doesn't include, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.
Mainly, it's a little bit of a slipstreamer, customizer, reducer and iso creator all in one package.
- Service Pack Integration
- Component Removal
- Unattended Setup
- Driver Integration
- Hotfixes Integration
- Bootable ISO creation
Quick overview :
1. Slipstream - After you extract it to any folder and ran it, you can browse and point to folder on hard drive which contains your Windows installation.
If you pointed to right folder with i386 in it and Windows id files, nLite will detect if you have already slipstreamed SP1 or SP2, and if not it will change Browse button to Slipstream, when pressed it asks for Service Pack installation file (or update.exe if you extracted it). Then it Slipstreams it passively. Or you can configure your existing version without slipstreaming.
2. Customize/Reduce - Choose which components to remove from your Windows installation permanently. It's version independent, it's possible because I'm not using filelists, well, allmost. There is only an inf-filelist which then gets parsed for used files, so ~95% of file names are automatically generated from your own inf's. The other 5% are manually added. Most likely nLite will work with future versions of Windows XP without any problem.
3. Advanced Options - Make sure to keep Data directory with nLite and all the files in it unrenamed. Added automatic hacking of syssetup.dll for OOBE disabling (if you choose to remove it, this will not crack Activation). SFC is entirely disabled too simply by copying hacked dll from Data and adjusting registry. Many options to add in the future, priority so far was on reduction issues.
4. Make ISO - This section is using external file datacdimage.exe which I believe don't need introducing. When reduction process finishes you can copy additional files to installation directory and then press Make ISO, it will ask you
for desired ISO name and location.
Then you can burn it and/or test it. (included boot sector is default from ms cd, if you are using, for example cdshell, you need to replace Databootsector.bin
· You need .NET Framework 1.1 in order to run it.
* New: Password expiration Unattended option
* Upd: Addons (added [Strings],[UpdateCabs] and automatic i386 files detection for 64bit)
* Upd: KB937143,kb925398 direct integration
* Fix: Argentina added to the Location setting
* Fix: My Computer - Context Menu tweaks
* Fix: 1689 error during Intel textmode driver integration
* Fix: x64 sp2 unattended IIS install (was breaking installation)
* Fix: FIPS compliant
* Fix: Win2k Iswow64 error on Slipstream Select
* Fix: Shell HW Detection service can't start
* Fix: Network Monitor removal (breaking Computer Browser in 2k3)
* Rem: Removed a few Visual Effects in Tweaks (bsod at logon on German Windows)
* Rem: Removed Network DDE for Win2k (hanging at saving settings)
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.