WinMerge 2.13.20 Experimental
Open Source visual text file differencing and merging tool for Win32 platforms.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
WinMerge is an Open Source visual text file differencing and merging tool for Win32 platforms. It is highly useful for determing what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions.
* Visual differencing and merging of text files
* Flexible editor with syntax highlighting
* Handles DOS, UNIX and MAC text file formats
* Unicode support
* Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
* Location pane shows map of files compared
* Highlights differences inside lines
* File filters in directory diff
* Moved lines detection in file compare
* Shell Integration
* Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase integration
* Archive file support using 7-zip
* Localizable interface via resource DLL
* HTML-based Manual
* Update developers list in splash screen (#1891548)
* Better error handling for Excel plugin (#1510293)
* Add macros, bookmarks and document properties to Word plugin (#1510298)
* Add *.dot (document template) extension to Word plugin (r5120)
* Bug Fix: Copy&Paste from VB6 added binary chars (#1904355)
* Translation updates: Chinese Traditional (#1905323) & Swedish (#1905520)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.