Tool for easy removal of the unwanted components in order to make Vista run faster and to your liking
Windows Vista from Microsoft takes a lot of resources, we all know that. vLite provides you with an easy removal of the unwanted components in order to make Vista run faster and to your liking. This tool doesn't use any kind of hacking, all files and registry entries are protected as they would be if you install the unedited version only with the changes you select. It configures the installation directly before the installation, meaning you'll have to remake the ISO and reinstall it. This method is much cleaner, not to mention easier and more logical than doing it after installation on every reinstall.
* component removal
* driver integration
* unattended setup
* split/merge Vista installation CDs
* bootable CD/DVD
* new: Network Access Protection Agent
* new: Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
* fix: WLAN (WSearch 4.0 install)
* new: '16-bit Support'
* new: 'Crash Dump Support'
* new: 'Digital Rights Management (DRM)'
* new: 'Distributed File System (DFS)'
* new: 'Group Policy' (Extreme)
* new: 'Intel Indeo'
* new: 'Microsoft Multi-Path Bus'
* new: 'Remote Access Connection Manager'
* new: 'Routing and Remote Access'
* new: 'Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)'
* new: 'SSDP Discovery'
* new: 'Telephony'
* new: 'TV Tuner support'
* new: 'User-mode Driver Framework'
* new: 'Windows HotStart'
* new: 'XBOX 360 Controller'
* new: Swedish GUI language
* upd: 'Function Discovery' changed to 'Windows Connect Now'
* fix: LAN disabling needed restart (Function Discovery)
* fix: Adobe Photoshop license issue (SNMP dependency)
* fix: Logon loop after hotfixing (App Experience)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: