GOM Player 18.104.22.16869
Freeware media player that supports many features for advanced users who desire to watch video files at the best quality.
GOM Media Player is freeware video playback software developed by the South Korean company, Gretech Corp. Designed with both power and simplicity in mind, GOM Media Player is an ideal video player for both beginners and experts alike.
Aside from being the most widely used video player in South Korea, the non-Korean versions of GOM Media Player enjoy a monthly worldwide user base of over 43 million in over 200 countries, making it one of the world’s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player includes built-in support for all the most popular video formats (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc), loads of advanced features (screen capture, audio capture, video playback speed control, and more), and the Codec Finder service that helps you locate missing codecs for formats that aren’t supported by default. You can even watch broken and incomplete AVI files with GOM Media Player.
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Improved AAC Audio Support
- Corrected an issue where audio was not being played correctly when trying to play video or audio files that used AAC audio encoding.
- AVI Playback Issue Corrected
- Fixed an issue that caused some AVI files to play incorrectly in version 22.214.171.12406
- SRT Subtitle Display Issue Corrected
- Fixed an issue that was causing SRT subtitles to be displayed incorrectly when the files were located in folders that were named using non-English characters.
- RTL Subtitle Support Added (beta)
- Added a feature that will display right-to-left subtitles in the correct order. This feature can be enabled by opening the Preferences window (push F5), selecting “Subtitles” from the list on the left, going to the “Others” tab, and checking the box next to “RTL Language Subtitle Support[Beta]”. As the name suggests, this feature is in the beta phase.
- Miscellaneous Fixes
- Minor fixes concerning bugs, phrasing, and other issues have been applied.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.