GOM Media Player is freeware video playback software developed by the South Korean company, Gretech Corp. Designed with both power and simplicity in mind, GOM Media Player is an ideal video player for both beginners and experts alike.
Aside from being the most widely used video player in South Korea, the non-Korean versions of GOM Media Player enjoy a monthly worldwide user base of over 43 million in over 200 countries, making it one of the world’s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player includes built-in support for all the most popular video formats (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc), loads of advanced features (screen capture, audio capture, video playback speed control, and more), and the Codec Finder service that helps you locate missing codecs for formats that aren’t supported by default. You can even watch broken and incomplete AVI files with GOM Media Player.
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Made major improvements to the Gretech Source Filter, affecting the issues below:
- Improved playback support for MOV files recorded by CASIO digital cameras.
- Improved player's ability to correctly recognize display aspect ratios for various file types.
- Fixed an issue where some MOV files would not play smoothly below 1x playback speed.
- Improved playback support for RAW AVI files.
- Fixed an issue where certain files with multiple audio tracks would play at double speed after changing the audio track and improved playback for such files.
- Corrected playback time display and playback support for certain WMV files.
- Fixed seeking issues in certain FLV files.
- Improved playback support for MPEG1 and MPEG2 files (TS, MTS, M2TS, etc.)
- Improved playback support for OGM files.
- Corrected an issue where certain videos with a single audio track would be recognized as dual-audio.
- 90, 180, and 270 degree rotation feature added.
- This feature can be enabled from the player preferences window, the right-click menu under "Video", and via the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [S].
- Added Playback support for H.265 (HEVC) video files.
- Album art will now be displayed when playing MP3 files instead of the animated GOM background (but only if readable album art data is present for the file you are playing!)
- Added hardware playback support for Intel Quick Sync Video.
- Improved the "Move by keyframe" feature.
- Added support for AC3-SPDIF Output.
- Added support for Apple Closed Caption subtitles.
- Fixed an issue where DVD playback on certain 32bit OS would cause forced terminations of GOM Media Player.
- Added links to the Official Gom Media Player website, FAQ, etc. to the default GOM2.2 skin.
- Corrected a security issue
- Other misc. changes and fixes.