GOM Media Player is freeware video playback software developed by the South Korean company, Gretech Corp. Designed with both power and simplicity in mind, GOM Media Player is an ideal video player for both beginners and experts alike.
Aside from being the most widely used video player in South Korea, the non-Korean versions of GOM Media Player enjoy a monthly worldwide user base of over 43 million in over 200 countries, making it one of the world’s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player includes built-in support for all the most popular video formats (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, etc), loads of advanced features (screen capture, audio capture, video playback speed control, and more), and the Codec Finder service that helps you locate missing codecs for formats that aren’t supported by default. You can even watch broken and incomplete AVI files with GOM Media Player.
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, and plus more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Multi-language subtitle support
- Add GOM ID authentication
- Intel real sense Motion Support
- Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and changes
Apps similar to GOM Player 8
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Daum PotPlayer: It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development.
MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems.