wxDownload Fast 0.5.4
wxDownload Fast (also known as wxDFast) is an open source download manager.
It is multi-platform and builds on Windows(2k,XP), Linux and Mac OS X. Besides that, it is a multi-threaded download manager. This means that it can split a file into several pieces and download the pieces simultaneously.
* Faster downloads (with Segmented/Multi-threaded/Accelerated transfers)
* Download resuming (Pause and restart where you stopped)
* Download scheduling
* Organizes files you have already downloaded
* View server messages (HTTP, FTP, file://). No HTTPS support.
* Available in multiple languages and easily translated. Now available in Portuguese [Brazil], Spanish, English, German, Russian, Hungarian, Armenian and Indonesian
* Connection to FTP servers which require a password
* Calculates the MD5 checksum of downloaded files so they can be easily verified
* Metalink support
* Firefox integration through FlashGot
* The new RipStop theme now is complete
* Added Russian language(by Ruslan Fedyarov)
* Added Hungarian language(by Erno Szabados)
* Added Polish language(by Marcin Trybus)
* Added download status auto save every 10 seconds
* Added option to enable/disable checking for new releases
* Fixed problem when the current speed is bigger than graph scale
* Fixed several bugs
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.