The program allows to hide files and folders from viewing, access and search.
The program allows making your personal files invisible to file managers and search software, thus protecting your data from unauthorized access.
No matter how you access the computer drives - directly from Windows Explorer, over a local network or Internet, the hidden folders remain invisible. Moreover, the program can be used to hide files on removable media: floppy disks, flash drives and transfer them from one computer to another.
The HidesFiles employs a unique technology that does not require installing drivers or services, unlike other similar software. This simplifies installation and usage (no need for Administrator rights) and protects your files in case somebody uninstalls services or drivers receiving access to the hidden files. FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems are supported.
The HidesFiles program can be uninstalled from the PC and all hidden files will remain hidden.
The program is protected by a startup password, so no one except you can view the list of hidden files.
The program ensures that the workability of the operating system will not be damaged by hiding critical files. The program does not allow hiding files that are used by the system or other applications at the moment.
- Simple and fast way to hide or unhide files and folders;
- Ability to handle files directly from the application without having to make them visible first and hide them later on;
- Ability to hide files on removable media - floppy disks, USB flash drives;
- Unique technology that uniformly handles the FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems;
- Startup password;
- No service or driver installation is needed for the program to work;
- No need for Administrator rights - it is enough to have access to your files;
- Hidden files remain hidden after the program is uninstalled.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: