Multi-tabbed dual pane file manager for Windows, featuring a powerful file search, a versatile preview, and a highly customizable interface.
XYplorer also has a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It's extremely fast and light, it's innovative, and it's fun.
- XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn't require any installation, nor does it ever change your system or registry. Ideal for a USB drive.
- Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
- Dual Pane spells productivity and ease of use. New in version 8.00!
- Powerful file search with amazing speed. It supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Boolean RegExp, Content Search, and more...
- Folder View Settings. Save and auto*restore the view settings of any particular folder. Great feature, saves a lot of time.
- Mini Tree, the author's personal killer feature.
- Folder Sizes can be shown right in the file list.
- Tags and Comments let you give colors, labels, and comments to individual filenames.
- Reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes with User*Defined Commands!
- Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks.
- One-click previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
- A powerful Favorites Panel called Catalog.
- Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver!
- Portable File Associations. Home is where your double-click is!
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for more than 300 functions. Have it your way!
- XYplorer is continuously enhanced and users are taken seriously.
- A clean and user-friendly interface makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.
Duplicate File Finder
Finds duplicate files by name, date, size and/or content in any location. Spotting duplicates, especially those by content, can be useful for freeing up storage space.
XYplorer's Duplicate File Finder is implemented as filter Dupes in the Find Files tab. If the filter is active then only duplicate files are listed in the search results, i.e. files that have one or more duplicates in the searched location(s). What counts as a "duplicate" can be defined in the Dupes tab: It's either match by Name, or Date (modified), or Size, or Content, or any combination of these.
Tree Path Tracing
Always know your place in the folder tree, without even consciously looking at the tree. You might get used to it sooner than you think...
Tree Path Tracing™ is a revolutionary new Tree style you won't find anywhere else. Turn it on in menu Tools | Customize Tree | Tree Path Tracing to highlight the current path in the Tree. It's a visual aid to always know your place in the folder tree, without even consciously looking at the tree. The highlight color can be customized in Configuration | Colors & Styles | Tree Path Tracing. Note that there is also a toolbar button (pictured here on the left) to quickly toggle it on and off. The button's right-click menu offers all tree styles.
More good news for photographers: Enhanced support for PSD Preview, Thumbnails, and Mouse Down Blow Up. Whereas previous versions of XYplorer only showed the embedded thumbnails of PSD files, now a real full size preview is supported, including full size Mouse Down Blow Up.
Note that a Codec for PSD, e.g. the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack, needs to be installed on the system (it is not included in XYplorer).
Now you can rotate the Floating and Full Screen Preview. Works for all previewed file types, even for RAW images, PSD, TGA, PDF, and video thumbs.
Tiles Views. You now have two new views, Small Tiles and Large Tiles. Both come with high quality thumbnails, support for Mouse Down Blow Up, and essential metadata. The Large Tiles view - attention photographers! - displays image dimensions and aspect ratio.
The Tiles views can be selected from the Views submenu at the top of menu View, or from the file list's white space right-click menu. Alternatively there is a toolbar button with a dropdown.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.