Adobe AIR 188.8.131.520
Adobe AIR and the Adobe Flash Platform unleash the creativity of designers and developers by providing a consistent and flexible development environment for the delivery of applications across devices and platforms. Support for additional platforms, including Android, is under development.
Native process API
Create native installers allowing you to launch and communicate with native processes using standard input and output. Using the native process API, communicate with native libraries built using Java™ and .NET and native applications such as "grep" for file searching. You can also create operating system–specific installers (native installers). Applications that use the native process API must be deployed using a native installer.
Native document handlers to open documents
Open documents in popular file formats like PDF, PSD, DOC, PPT, and MP3 using the native application associated with that file. For example, opening an MP3 file will launch iTunes on systems where iTunes is the default application for MP3 files.
Local microphone API
Record audio locally on your device without the need for a server.
UDP networking support
Take advantage of runtime support for the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) to build time-sensitive, real-time networking applications such as multiplayer games.
WebKit with HTML5/CSS3 support
Benefit from new capabilities such as CSS transforms, animations, and canvas support.
Mass storage device detection
Detect when mass storage devices such as cameras and USB flash memory drives are available to synchronize files such as photos, videos, MP3 files, or other files.
Enhanced drag-and-drop support
Copy files to the local machine by dragging them out of the Adobe AIR application and onto the desktop. This enables new user interaction possibilities for applications such as content management systems or online stores.
Socket servers and peer-to-peer applications
Build peer-to-peer applications or local servers that make it easier to communicate with other local applications or remote applications over the network.
-  [Win8] inconsistent freeze in performance moments after your finger(s) leave the touch screen (touch display only, not mouse)
-  Flash App created using Flex sdk 3.3 take about 10 seconds longer on Windows 7 thank on the Windows XP
-  [Mac]MouseEvent.MOUSEDOWN/MOUSEUP does not be fired when is pressed
-  [Mac] PDF doesn't render when rendermode is set to direct or gpu on Mac OS
- [Win8] Certain MouseEvents are either not dispatched or dispatched at incorrect times.
-  compiling in "ipa-debug-interpreter" mode results in PackageExtractionFailed
-  [Mac]Packaging multiple SWFs fails
-  Improve error message when app update fails due to certificate issues
-  when switching video quality, the audio quality changes, but not the video quality
Flash Player Bugs
-  [Chrome x64] XPS Printing produces blank documents
-  [Win8.x] YouTube videos don't always resume when tapping inside the video in desktop IE
-  [Win8.1 Pepper] Camera is listed twice in the setting ui panel with Chrome
- [Mac] Extra characters render when pressing the shortcuts CMD+C, CMD+X, CMD+A, and CMD+V in Stage Web View.
-  [Win7][IE 11 - Instaback] Video continues to play for a few seconds after navigating away from page
-  [Win8.1] edit control does not handle IVS characters or surrogate pairs such as emoticons correctly
- [Mac] flash.media.scanHardware() does not work on NPAPI Flash Player
-  [Win8.x] ARM devices: YouTube controls disappear when when exiting fullscreen by invoking app bar
-  PlayTo stops in the middle when network connection is not stable
- [Win8.x] unable to upload multiple images in file-browse dialog
-  some menu controls are not refreshing when clicking controls and inputting text
-  Fullscreen (with sourceRect) doesn't work correctly in Pepper version
- [Win8.1][IE11] drawToBitmapData fails to draw correctly when using constrain mode
-  on some graphics cards, Stage3d works in software mode, instead of GPU
-  Audio continues to be heard when video is fast forwarded after a rewind operation
-  wrong value is momentarily returned after trickPlay is ended using a pause
-  KingsRoad Stage3D performance impacted on low-end laptops running Chrome with PPAPI player
-  white/black background displays in CC mode
Improved Packaging Engine - iOS - BETA
We're very excited about this new feature. The new packaging engine we're working on can improve iOS packaging time up to 10 times over the current packager! However this feature is still early in development and we'd like to get your feedback. To enable this feature, please use "-useLegacyAOT no" in the ADT command, before the signing options.
Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D
We've added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines two constants, STATICDRAW (default) and DYNAMICDRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We've also added a new parameter, called "bufferUsage", to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This "bufferUsage" parameter uses one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
Mobile Workers (concurrency) - Android
Introduced as a beta feature in AIR 3.9, we've continued to improve this feature based on your feedback for its official release in AIR 4.
Support for native resources access by R* mechanism in native extension - Android
Currently, to use the native Android resources in the Android Native Extension one has to use getResourceID() API while typically to access the resource IDs developers use the R.* mechanism. AIR 4.0 onwards, apps developers will be able to access the resources by R.* mechanism. All the dependencies need to be specified in platform.xml as following and all the dependencies and resources to be packaged in the ANE.
Stage3D Creation of Context3D with Profile Array
We've added a new interface to Stage3D.requestContext3DMatchingProfiles(profiles:Vector. ) which will create a Context3D with highest level suitable profile that is in profile array, based on the current hardware. A developer can check the newly added property 'profile' to obtain the current profile that was chosen by the Flash Runtime.
Support for Android 4.4 (KitKat)
We've completed our support testing with AIR against the latest Android 4.4 release. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12, we've incorporated feedback from system administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support
Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we now officially support this combination in Flash Player 12
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: