HipChat is a hosted private chat service for your company or team. Invite colleagues to share ideas and files in persistent group chat rooms. Get your team off AIM, Google Talk, and Skype — HipChat was built for business.
File sharing and storage
Share PDFs, mockups, and documents for instant feedback. Access them any time from the HipChat client or on the web.
Chat and file history
HipChat automatically saves your conversations and files. Never forget who said what, and when. Access history anywhere you have internet.
Use rooms for departments, teams, or projects. Rooms can be open for anyone to join, or private for only invited members.
Instant image preview
Share or link to an image and you'll get a live preview. Perfect for creative or design teams. Hour long design sessions are a thing of the past.
Have side conversations with your teammates. You'll have chat history and file sharing to help you keep track.
Send and receive one-on-one chat messages on any phone via SMS. They'll even be saved in the chat history.
Don't want to miss a thing? Customize HipChat alerts with sounds, flashes, and pop-ups. Get someone's attention by typing @name.
Collaborate with people outside your company. Perfect for clients, vendors, or live customer support.
Express yourself with dozens of built in emoticons. Even upload your own to share with your coworkers!
We all make mitsakes. HipChat will keep you from embarrassing yourself in front of your team members (at least spelling-wise).
Use our API to send messages to rooms whenever a coworker posts a blog entry, checks in code, or fixes a bug.
Video and Voice Chat
Have face-to-face meetings with a coworker. All you need is a webcam and a microphone.
Note: If you prefer the previous version of Hipchat you can download HipChat for Windows v2.2.139 from here.
- Mac version updated to 4.29.0-732
- New: We added new slash commands. Type /pre or /monospace to apply monospace formatting to the text in a message. Like /code, but for the rest of us.
- Improved: Improvements for various reconnect scenarios. (HCPUB-934 & HCPUB-935)
- Improved: Animated GIFs as avatars are fun and all, but they can be a bit of a drain on your CPU. We've added a new Appearance setting that lets you disable your teammates' animated avatars and give your CPU a break. (HCPUB-1744)
- Improved: HipChat Video, in general. It's all kinds of more awesome.
- Fixed: Newly created rooms weren't immediately available for users connected to HipChat Server instances. (HCPUB-1268)
- Fixed: When returning to a room, GIFV previews were not being rendered correctly. Rejoice, for your visual zingers shall be appreciated again!
- Fixed: Notification messages that included a mention were not triggering the appropriate notifications.
- Fixed: When trying to delete a room while offline, the dialog would stay open until you restarted the app.
- Fixed: Searching for rooms or people was slow for large teams.
- Fixed: Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Apps similar to HipChat 7
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes.
Real-time messaging that works. Get full access to your messages and archives, upload files easily, and receive notifications whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Bring your teams together in a place that makes it easy to keep people and work connected.