HipChat is a hosted private chat service for your company or team. Invite colleagues to share ideas and files in persistent group chat rooms. Get your team off AIM, Google Talk, and Skype — HipChat was built for business.
File sharing and storage
Share PDFs, mockups, and documents for instant feedback. Access them any time from the HipChat client or on the web.
Chat and file history
HipChat automatically saves your conversations and files. Never forget who said what, and when. Access history anywhere you have internet.
Use rooms for departments, teams, or projects. Rooms can be open for anyone to join, or private for only invited members.
Instant image preview
Share or link to an image and you'll get a live preview. Perfect for creative or design teams. Hour long design sessions are a thing of the past.
Have side conversations with your teammates. You'll have chat history and file sharing to help you keep track.
Send and receive one-on-one chat messages on any phone via SMS. They'll even be saved in the chat history.
Don't want to miss a thing? Customize HipChat alerts with sounds, flashes, and pop-ups. Get someone's attention by typing @name.
Collaborate with people outside your company. Perfect for clients, vendors, or live customer support.
Express yourself with dozens of built in emoticons. Even upload your own to share with your coworkers!
We all make mitsakes. HipChat will keep you from embarrassing yourself in front of your team members (at least spelling-wise).
Use our API to send messages to rooms whenever a coworker posts a blog entry, checks in code, or fixes a bug.
Video and Voice Chat
Have face-to-face meetings with a coworker. All you need is a webcam and a microphone.
Note: If you prefer the previous version of Hipchat you can download HipChat for Windows v2.2.139 from here.
- Fixed: Clients can now connect using the default system proxy. This will cause a regression with proxy exception lists, and that will be fixed in the next release. (HCPUB-281)
- Fixed: Sometimes the chat header would get out of sync with the selected room in the room list (HCPUB-473)
- Fixed: Unread counts would show for messages that were already read (HCPUB-231)
- Improvement: Integration messages will now show message content in notifications (HCPUB-34 [8)]
- Improvement: Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down will now scroll through the list of messages you previously sent within a room (HCPUB-247)