HipChat is a hosted private chat service for your company or team. Invite colleagues to share ideas and files in persistent group chat rooms. Get your team off AIM, Google Talk, and Skype — HipChat was built for business.
File sharing and storage
Share PDFs, mockups, and documents for instant feedback. Access them any time from the HipChat client or on the web.
Chat and file history
HipChat automatically saves your conversations and files. Never forget who said what, and when. Access history anywhere you have internet.
Use rooms for departments, teams, or projects. Rooms can be open for anyone to join, or private for only invited members.
Instant image preview
Share or link to an image and you'll get a live preview. Perfect for creative or design teams. Hour long design sessions are a thing of the past.
Have side conversations with your teammates. You'll have chat history and file sharing to help you keep track.
Send and receive one-on-one chat messages on any phone via SMS. They'll even be saved in the chat history.
Don't want to miss a thing? Customize HipChat alerts with sounds, flashes, and pop-ups. Get someone's attention by typing @name.
Collaborate with people outside your company. Perfect for clients, vendors, or live customer support.
Express yourself with dozens of built in emoticons. Even upload your own to share with your coworkers!
We all make mitsakes. HipChat will keep you from embarrassing yourself in front of your team members (at least spelling-wise).
Use our API to send messages to rooms whenever a coworker posts a blog entry, checks in code, or fixes a bug.
Video and Voice Chat
Have face-to-face meetings with a coworker. All you need is a webcam and a microphone.
- Room topic changes weren't appearing properly. Now they are.
- Editing settings on Linux would cause it to crash. Now it won't.
- Sometimes large images would cause it to crash. Now they won't.
- When you changed a room's privacy, that wasn't reflected immediately. Now it is.
- Sad folks got even more sad when they realized : ( popped up the emoticon autocomplete menu. We fixed that too.
- Plus a few other smaller issues that should hopefully turn that frown upside down.