Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Quick, reliable method to test SCSI and IDE hard disk drives, including Serial-ATA IDE drives.
This download creates a self-booting DOS diskette to run the DFT utility. The Drive Fitness Test (DFT) provides a quick, reliable method to test SCSI and IDE hard disk drives, including Serial-ATA IDE drives. The Drive Fitness Test analyze function performs read tests without overwriting customer data. (However, Drive Fitness Test is bundled with some restoration utilities that will overwrite data.)
Supports SCSI and IDE drives, including Serial-ATA drives
Note: Currently, the Drive Fitness Test does not support Microdrives, or Travelstar E drives.
Analyzes drive fitness
* Three modes of operation:
-- High confidence level Quick test (unmatched in the drive industry)
-- Full media scan
* Performs real-time analysis of you drive to quickly determine whether the drive has a problem.
* Identifies system problems such as cables, temperature, etc.
* Automatically logs significant drive parameters to track potential impacts to the operation of the drive.
Restores drive fitness
Note: these utilities will overwrite customer data and allow repair of bad sectors.
* Erase Bootsector utility (use DFT Utility option: Erase Boot Sector)
* Low-level format utility (use DFT Utility option: Erase Disk)
* Drive information
* S.M.A.R.T. Operations for IDE hard disk drives
- Added new product support
Note: Please see the user guide for help on using Drive Fitness Test. http://www.hitachigst.com/downloads/dft32_user_guide.pdf
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.