Kaspersky XpajKiller 188.8.131.52
To disinfect a system infected with malware Virus.Win32.Xpaj.a,b,c,gen use the tool XpajKiller.exe.
Main function of Virus.Win32.Xpaj is a botnet client which is used by the virus to transmit data from an infected PC. Here you can read more about botnets and their usage.
Disinfection of an infected system
The System restore function should be disabled before attempting to disinfect a system.
- Download the archive XpajKiller.zip and extract it into a folder on the infected (or potentially infected) PC using an archiver program (for example, WinZip).
- Run the file XpajKiller.exe.
- Wait for the scan and disinfection to finish. A reboot might require after disinfection.
If started without switches, the tool will:
- Scan and disinfection of files on all hard disk drives.
- While scanning hard disk drives, the tool will also perform a check of executable files of all running processes every 10 seconds.
- Terminate detected infected processes and disinfect infected files.
Optional switches to run the tool from command prompt:
- write log to the file.
- -v - detailed logging (must be used in combination with the parameter -l).
- -s ;- scan in “silent” mode (without opening console box).
- -y - when the utility finishes, its window will be closed.
– scan a specific folder.
- -r - scan removable drives (flash), external USB and FireWire hard disks.
- -n - scan network drives.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: