Small tool which disables the default threats of a windows xp installation.
Xpy closes recent security holes like the remote procure call (rpc) service and the distributed component object model (dcom).
- disable windows "calling home"
- disable questionable services
- disarm internet explorer
- disarm windows media player
- remove windows messenger
- improve security
- improve performance
- added option to disable the windows 8 metro start menu
- added keyboard shortcuts for some commands
- added search provider info to ixquick build
- fixed bug in /lang parameter, not displaying help dialog
- modified some parameters to be combinable (/force, /lang, /license, /noreboot)
- modified interface colors
- modified application icon
- modified post-Windows XP warning
- improved response of color indicators
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.