ChatON is installed on Samsung smart phones on over 300 million devices, (Galaxy Note3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note2, Galaxy Camera). ChatON is being serviced in 237 countries in 67 languages on 9 platforms including Android, iOS, and the web. ChatON has been downloaded over 130 million times by 130 million users, which now can be accessed simply with a phone number. With a Samsung account, users can enjoy ChatON on smart phones, tablets, and computers.
ChatON features free messaging, free voice/video calls, sending handwritten messages, sharing location/videos/images on PostON, and useful live tips, which is the best social service to communicate with friends in 237 countries around the world. Start now.
Are anicons free?
ChatON provides all anicons for free. Express yourself to friends or groups of friends and share your life with them using various anicons!
Can I communicate with non-ChatON users?
Yes, ChatON supports the function of SMS/MMS integration so you can send and receive messages with non-ChatON users. (Only in specific countries)
- SMS/MMS functions may not work by device or carrier.
- ChatON SMS/MMS version offers the best performance on Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Galaxy Note 2, 3.(with Android ICS or higher OS version installed)
- If you install other SMS applications(i.e. Facebook messenger, Hangout, Go SMS, and etc.) on your device which has ChatON SMS/MMS version, text messages received as SMS or MMS might be displayed abnormally. In this case, please choose not to get notifications about SMS through other applications in 'Settings' of each service.
I lost my phone?
Don't worry. We've saved all your buddies and chatting history within the past 15 days. Chat with the same buddies and you can even check chatting history on ChatON Web version (web.samsungchaton.com)
Can I translate messages in ChatON?
Chat with friends speaking other languages using the Auto translation function. (To and from Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English / From German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese to English, and vice versa)
Can I use ChatON on smart phones and tablets?
You can enjoy ChatON on smart phones, tablets, and PCs(up to 5 devices) by signing in with a Samsung account.
What's New on Android:
- Push notifications for updates about ChatON such as new buddy suggestion, new PostONs, and etc.
- Synchronization period of SMS list between the device SMS application and ChatON shortened and SMS/MMS features supported on KitKat
- Errors from the previous version fixed
- Turning on or off the SMS/MMS functions will be supported in the next version.
- Whether a buddy is typing a message is seen in the title area of the chat room. (recovered from the previous version)
- Walkie-talkie button is shown in the chat room.
- The badge indicating the number of unread messages is added on ChatON icon.
ChatON Tablet v3.0 update includes:
- The new UI design; easier and simpler way.
- You can change the background of 'My page' and upload multimedia contents such as images, videos, and location information on 'PostON'.
What's New on iOS:
- Version 2.7.7
- Fixed error that 2 bubbles appear sometimes for one message
- Fixed error that display of text input field is incorrectly shown when entering chat room through push notification
- Fixed error that a profile image of LIVEpartner doesn't show
- Fixed error that a buddy's name is shown as 'Unknown' when a user registers again after sign up for LIVEpartner
- Fixed error that a Walkie-talkie is sent as 00:00 second when turning off using micro phone