Minecraft for Android / iOS 0.8.1
Minecraft is about placing blocks to build things and going on adventures. Create your own universe, there is simply no limits to what you can acheive.
Pocket Edition includes randomly generated worlds, multiplayer over a local Wi-Fi network, and Survival and Creative modes. You can craft and create with your friends anywhere in the world so long as you have hands spare and battery to burn.
Our most recent update added the iconic Creepers. They’re big, green, mean and explody. But it’s just one of many. Since Minecraft — Pocket Edition first appeared, we’re continuing to add loads of new features, including...
- Food. Now you can cook and go hungry
- Swords! Bows! TNT!
- Lots more
But enough sales talk! Download it already! And have fun!
- Minecarts, rails, and powered rails!
- The view distance has been massively increased. Check the options!
- New textures, colours and block functionality taken directly from the PC version
- New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
- New crops and food types: beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins.
- Lots more blocks and items to use in Creative Mode.
- New AI and breeding.
- A new Creative inventory with tabs.
- Improved lighting and fog effects.
- Creepers can be ignited by flint and steel
- Added support for connecting to external servers
- Fixed a lot of bugs
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: