It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of linux software such as system tools (parted, partimage, fstools, ...) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It can be used for both Linux and windows computers, and on desktops as well as servers. This rescue system requires no installation as it can be booted from a CD/DVD drive or USB stick, but it can be installed on the hard disk if you wish. The kernel supports all important file systems (ext2/ext3/ext4, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network filesystems (samba and nfs).
- Standard kernels: Long-Term-Supported linux-4.1.33 (rescue32 + rescue64)
- Alternative kernels: Long-Term-Supported linux-4.4.21 (altker32 + altker64)
- Added sys-fs/ncdu (disk usage analyzer with an ncurses interface)
- Added app-backup/borgbackup (deduplicating backup program)
- Added sys-apps/renameutils (tool for easily renaming files)
- Updated linux-firmware to version 20160628
- Updated disk tools: btrfs-progs-4.7.2