With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from Zip and 7z to Rar archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7z, Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, DMG, ISO
Extraction formats supported:
RAR, 7z, Lzma, xz, Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, ISO, EXE, CAB, PAX, ACE (PPC)
- New file access configuration in Preferences
- Extracting WAR files by default (Thanks to @ydq) #170
- Fixed rare issue accessing Keka binaries #208
- Fixed issue affecting ZIP view in macOS 10.14 (Thanks to @walkforest and @gingerbeardman) #235
- Fixed some issues with file access #241 & #242
- Italian translation updated (Thanks to Vincenzo from VinBoiSoft)
- Polish translation updated (Thanks to @lboratynski) #239
- Spanish and Catalan translations updated
- Fixed typo in English translation (Thanks to @gingerbeardman) #219
- Fixed typo in Dutch translation (Thanks to Marijn)
- Fixed typo in Traditional Chinese translation (Thanks to Yoyo Liu)
Apps similar to Keka 6
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for "Archive Utility.app", the built-in archive extraction program on macOS.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
If the command line is not your thing - here's a GUI front-end for unrar.