With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from Zip and 7z to Rar archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7z, Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, DMG, ISO
Extraction formats supported:
RAR, 7z, Lzma, xz, Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, ISO, EXE, CAB, PAX, ACE (PPC)
- Compatible with OS X Mavericks
- Updated unrar 4.11 to unrar 5.00 (Thanks to rarlab)
- Updated Growl framework to 2.0.1 version enabling Notification Center support
- Fixed Quit problems (yes, again...)
- Added Japanese translation (Thanks to Lotusbrod)
- Added French translation (Thanks to Benoît)
- Added German translation (Thanks to S. Brandt and PSW Group)
- Added Hungarian translation (Thanks to András Oravecz)
- Added queued operations counter to the badge
- Added AES256 zip encryption support (Experimental, must enable Dev enviroment) [Ticket 18]
- Timed the auto-exit so the compression-extraction sound can be played (1 sec)
- Fixed badge error where number of operations can be negative and icorrect
- Fixed a bug causing never ending operations when compressing Volumes (Thanks to ChipMcK) [Ticket 56]
- Fixed absolute path management for TAR, TGZ and TBZ compression (Thanks to chris.alme) [Ticket 76]
- Fixed some English strings (Thanks to mboman) [Ticket 86]
- Fixed split menu string in English and Spanish (Thanks to Lotusbrod)
- Fixed Lion specific error that keeps a badge number in the Launchpad (Thanks to Edward) [Ticket 57]
- Fixed some English strings (Thanks to Costi and Alyshah)
- Fixed a cosmetic bug in the toolbar in Snow Leopard
Apps similar to Keka 6
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for "Archive Utility.app", the built-in archive extraction program on macOS.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
If the command line is not your thing - here's a GUI front-end for unrar.