Game Editor 1.4.0
Game Editor makes creating games quick and simple.
Game Editor is the open source game design software that gives you the power to create the games of your dreams, and, unlike other game creation tools, gives you the chance to get and change the source code of the game creator and design and develop 2D games for personal computers as well as mobile devices.
- Event-driven development
- Propagate events to other actors
- Multiple levels in a single file
- Move the actor through complex maps (A* pathfinder)
- Helper actors
- Transparent actors
- Infinite actors
- Z-Depth control
- Clone and remove actors
- Multiple animations per actor
- Set parent actors
- Create actor paths
- Full screen or window mode
- Configurable resolution and frame rate
- Configurable audio format
- Control the view as the actors
- Tile draw tool
- Global and local scripts
- Global and Local Actor variables
- Periodic and Random timers
- Edit animations instantly in the editor of your choiceby clicking edit next to it
- Generate stand alone games for Windows, Pocket PC, Handheld PC, Smartphone, GP2X and Linux
- Load jpeg, gif, png, bmp, pcx, tga, xpm, xcf, lbm and tif image files
- Load Ogg Vorbis, wav, mid, mod, s3m, it and xm music files
- Load wav, voc, iff and 8SVX audio files
- Persistent multiple undo/redo levels
- Make games for iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X (intel based machines)
- Supports iPhone/iPad multi-touch
- Can create games for Windows Mobile 800x480 or 480x800 resolution
- Accelerometer support on iPhone and iPad (new getAccelerometer function)
- Accelerometer info emulated by the joystick on desktop
- Add ged recovery from the .undo files (just type "gameEditor yourfile.undo")
- Supported icon sizes: 16x16,21x21, 22x22, 32x32, 43x43, 44x44, 64x64 for the Windows Mobile 6.5
- Windows 7 compatibility (slowdown and black screen solved)
- Using OpenGL in the editor and devices thats have graphics hardware acceleration
- Bug "BlackJack II screen problem" removed
- Bug "Some machines doesn't catch the + and = keys on Script Editor" removed
Note: The file you are downloading from here contains the necessary files to run on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Windows In order to execute Game Editor, unzip the file and click on the gameEditor.exe file (you don't need to install it).
- Mac In order to execute Game Editor on Mac unzip the file and click on the gameEditorMacOSX file.
- Linux In order to execute Game Editor on Linux unzip the file and type (from a terminal window): chmod +x gameEditor ./gameEditorLinux
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.