ATI Catalyst Display Driver 8.2 for Windows XP 64bit
Performance improvements with this release of Catalyst™ includes Company of Heroes DX10 frame rates increasing as much as 20% across all of the ATI Radeon™ HD 2x00 series of products and on all ATI Radeon™ HD 3x00 series of products. These performance improvements are even larger (up to 30%) for CrossFire™ configurations.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:
* Doom3: Running an OpenGL application with CrossFire™ enabled and AA set to 16x no longer results in corruption being noticed when the display resolution is set to 2048x1536 or higher. Further details can be found in topic number 737-32150
* TianXia2: Launching the game no longer results in the Windows XP operating system rebooting. Further details can be found in topic number 737-32152
* Playing an H.264/VC1 title on a system with a display resolution higher than 1440x900 no longer results in the content failing to play in hardware mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-32154
* Changing the display resolution when CrossFire™ is enabled no longer results in the running 3D application failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-32155
Known Issues Under the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:
* World in Conflict: Text corruption may be noticed when playing the game on a system running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 30 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-31619
* Running an OpenGL application and attempting to rotate the desktop may result in corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29556
* Hot plugging a display device to a system running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and containing an ATI Radeon™ X1250/1270 series of product may result in the display device failing to be detected. Further details can be found in topic number 737-31618
* Standard PAL mode may fail to be available in the Catalyst Control Center. Further details can be found in topic number 737-31620
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.